+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Woke and Cancel Culture Examples please...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Back in February, the Ministry of Defence recruited a new Diversity Director. Now that she has got her feet under the table, Samantha de Forges is launching a probe into gender in the armed forces and hoping find out whether the various ranks are sufficiently inclusive and, if necessary, rebrand them. According to the Express, the move has prompted a bit of a backlash.

"Samantha de Forges was appointed Director of Diversity and Inclusion in February and will lead a review into military titles and determine which ranks do not offer enough inclusivity. An assessment is set to be conducted into positions officials believe are outdated and other titles will be rebranded if they cannot be gender-neutral, defence sources say.

The head of the Royal Navy, Lord Ian West, last week described demands to change ranks as “ultra, ultra-woke”.

The expected overhaul of military titles has triggered a backlash from a number of Britons on social media, including a former Brexit Party MEP.

In a post on Twitter, Christina Jordan wrote: “When defending our country, diversity matters.” Her post was accompanied by a rolling eyes emoji.

Several users agreed with the former MEP and in response one user said: “Disgusting. The armed forces don’t need a diversity chief. More woke rubbish.”

Another said: “Where are they finding these woke lunatics.”

Others shared their opposition to the plans and hit out at the huge salary being offered – which is higher than that of a major, colonel or brigadier.

A user said: “I would think the MoD could think of better things to do with £110,000 a year.”
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Come on Supersub6, as an ex-flight sergeant in the WAF/RAF (?) - what on earth do you think?
    Oh yes, the diversity in the Armed Forces debate. I have to admit that I am well up to speed on this because someone I know very well was involved at Air Command in writing paper after paper about the subject and had to do presentations to various groups of MPs to show how the RAF was going to implement what was required.
    He forecast that there would be a big drive to promote females into higher ranks during the following couple of years and that this would cause unrest amongst quite a number of officers.

That was almost 3 years ago and since then, in his particular trade, the board for promotion sat early last year to decide promotion from Squadron Leader to Wing Commander. There were 12 candidates, 6 male and 6 female, for 6 promotions. Guess what ---all the females were promoted, even though 3 of them had never, ever served out of area at any time.
    To add insult to injury, the guy who had done all the ground work about diversity was told, on the same day that he was turned down for promotion, that he would be going on a 6 month unaccompanied tour on anti-terrorism duties in the Middle East later that year. This was his 7th tour out of area and his 5th unaccompanied.

I daren't mention diversity to him! As far as I am concerned, this is another retrograde step by the MoD and a total waste of money, although as I said, this has been going on in the background for at least the last 3 years!

I can remember the big drive in the Fire Service to recruit more females back in the 90s. You had to show you could handle the equipment, and one problem a lot of the girlies had was reaching up to release the ladder bracket, so that you could slip the ladder off the back of the machine. This was also a problem for male applicants, if they were on the short side, but if they weren't tall enough to reach the bracket, well tough, go and apply for a job somewhere else.

Our bosses weren't going to let this stop the girlies getting in though, when this problem meant some female recruits had to be turned down, something had to be done, no expense was spared in re-designing the machines so that the bracket was lower to the ground and the more vertically challenged applicants could reach it.

We always said there was no such word as 'can't' in the Fire Service. Too bloody true.

You tweet some (drunken?) nonsense nearly a decade ago, but a full investigation must now be ordered...

https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/ollie-robinson

It's a game of f*cking cricket, how on earth are we discussing this...‘We Stand Together Against … Racism, Religious Intolerance, ***ism, Transphobia, Homophobia, Ableism, Ageism’. It was pitched as a “moment of unity”.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...CMP=GTUK_email

I have to admit you have more than a head start on me on this thread BT, you are a regular reader of the Grauniad and Indy, two prolific sources of woke bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You tweet some (drunken?) nonsense nearly a decade ago, but a full investigation must now be ordered...

https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/ollie-robinson
    I wonder just how deep this goes BT, screengrabs from 9 years ago. Just what sort of people are trawling through a young lad's 9 year old tweets ? These people scare me more than Covid, they have power and influence in the media, and are prepared to use it, if they'll go to these lengths, just where will they stop ?

"The U.S. Office of Naval Intelligence has set up an internal working group to make the artwork in naval offices more diverse and inclusive. The Daily Wire has the details.

The Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) has established an “Artwork Working Group” to develop more inclusive artwork for Naval offices.

Internal communications obtained by The Daily Wire show that ONI created a “diversity and inclusion artwork working group” to “address the issue” of inclusion in artwork within the naval offices. According to emails, the group began after a virtual diversity town hall in 2020 wherein an ONI employee “raised a concern about how the artwork on display throughout the [National Maritime Intelligence Centre] did not represent the diversity of people serving in the Navy”.

The National Maritime Intelligence Centre is located in the Washington, D.C., suburbs and is an operations centre for the Navy, Marine Corps, and U.S. Coast Guard.

Thus far, the artwork group has collaborated with an internal historian to “identify additional artwork from the Navy History and Heritage Command’s Navy Art Collection”. The group has also obtained artwork to “acknowledge the contributions of Hispanic, African, and Native Americans to our Navy and the Nation”.

In an email from the ONI Chief of Staff, officers were encouraged to submit any suggestions that might “make everyone at ONI feel valued and welcome through displays and/or artwork”.

That one will take some topping sinkov.

It's like Groundhog Day BT, every day now you wake up and you think it's April 1st. Except it isn't, this is for real.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's like Groundhog Day BT, every day now you wake up and you think it's April 1st. Except it isn't, this is for real.
    Keep washing your hands sinkov, the "Nepal Variant" is now hot on your tail. Only problem is the Nepalese have never heard of it, so how it finds its way to Lancashire is beyond even my vivid imagination.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)