+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Woke and Cancel Culture Examples please...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's like Groundhog Day BT, every day now you wake up and you think it's April 1st. Except it isn't, this is for real.
    The Woke Brigade have got their man...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/cric...?ocid=msedgdhp

I'm intrigued by where this story came from, it says the posts 'were unearthed', that 'they came to light'. How did they come to light, who unearthed them ? No one is saying, why not, is this the work of some sad individual with too much time on his hands, or is there a shadowy organisation trawling through the social media history of any and every person coming to prominence in this country. I think we should be told.

I'm intrigued by where this story came from, it says the posts 'were unearthed', that 'they came to light'. How did they come to light, who unearthed them ? No one is saying, why not, is this the work of some sad individual with too much time on his hands, or is there a shadowy organisation trawling through the social media history of any and every person coming to prominence in this country. I think we should be told.
    It was a "media student" who unearthed the historic tweets that were aimed at no-one in particular. The sense of outrage coming from Joe Root is f*cking cringeworthy to say the very least.

Was it the same 'media student' who 'unearthed' Andre's tweets, or would that have been another one ? We're heading in a very dangerous direction in this country.

Was it the same 'media student' who 'unearthed' Andre's tweets, or would that have been another one ? We're heading in a very dangerous direction in this country.
    That was a riled up Scouser who took a 2-0 defeat at Turf Moor rather badly sinkov. His revelations threw Gray's career trajectory so badly off course he has never really recovered to my mind. I fear Robinson will go the same way.

Schadenfreude springs to my mind.

Trawling back through peoples twitter feeds, sad fcuks springs to my mind.

Trawling back through peoples twitter feeds, sad fcuks springs to my mind.
    That too sinkov, that too.

Apparently Jimmy Anderson made a comment about a fellow team members haircut! He should surely have all his test wickets stripped off him.

I am really wondering whether the Cambrige Dictionary will have to drastically re-think their 'meaning' of:-

"sticks and stones may break my bones, (but words can never hurt me)"

It seems that their stated meaning is that it is "said in order to show that people cannot be hurt by unpleasant things that are said to them"

How times change, no wonder people are upset when these totally out of date meanings are published by a dictionary.

I'm sure that I will have offended someone by publishing my thoughts ---oh dear, how sad, never mind!

It would seem that we now have Ollie Robinson, Jimmy Anderson, Jos Buttler and Eion Morgan all under investigation for comments made.

I've trawled back on here and I think Alf is in deep do-do!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)