+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Woke and Cancel Culture Examples please...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT ---I totally agree with your sentiments and it is the way that I have always chosen to live my life. It isn't hard at all, however, there are plenty around who seem to think that it is.
    To be honest, I don't really think that people like Doctor Bousted help the situation at all because it is quite regressive, rather than being progressive. Nothing is ever gained by digging up the past. Yes, things happened, however, it is the present and how we shape the future that is important and this must be done through community.
    Well said Sir Supersub6.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    She is a Bolton lass BT, her views seem very similar to yours, you must have lived there for quite some time. She probably also supports the Palestinians and wants to educate the Israelis in their cultural aspects.
    As joint General Secretary of the NEU she gets paid an immense amount of brass for talking total b*llocks like this. Not only that how many young minds in our colleges, schools and universities are being force fed this kind of crap. They are not interested in challenging minds but only indoctrinating them.

"The late British writer G.K. Chesterton once famously observed that “journalism largely consists in saying ‘Lord Jones is dead’ to people who never knew Lord Jones was alive”.

Such was the case with media coverage last week as Toronto Council – often the epicentre of absurdity in Canadian municipal politics – lived up to its reputation by voting to spend up to $6.3 million renaming Dundas Street, named for Scottish politician Henry Dundas.

The costs will involve expunging the name “Dundas” from street signs, subway stations and other namesakes such as the city’s iconic Yonge-Dundas Square.

It will take until 2023 to come up with a new name for Dundas and complete the transformation, according to the city.

Council will also decide what do about 60 other streets with so-called problematic names.

All this because of a petition to council signed by 14,000 people denouncing Dundas for delaying the abolition of the slave trade in the 1790s.

That’s 14,000 in a city of 2.9 million, the vast majority of whom had no idea of who Henry Dundas was."

If I recall correctly did he once play for Ayr United at left back?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If I recall correctly did he once play for Ayr United at left back?
    I think you're getting mixed up BT, didn't we have a left-back called Brian Easton who went on to play for Dundas ? Or was it Dundee ?

On a serious note, this piece on the "civilizing mission" rather shows the hypocrisy of the colonial superpowers, while taking Christianity to the "beastly natives" whilst simultaneously shipping them off to slavery to the Caribbean and deep south of America in their millions.

France, Portugal, Holland, Germany and Great Britain were all complicit in this horrible bit of history. Will pulling statues down, airbrushing history and renaming the streets of Europe and North America bring any sort of atonement for this historical abhorrence?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilizing_mission

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think you're getting mixed up BT, didn't we have a left-back called Brian Easton who went on to play for Dundas ? Or was it Dundee ?
    Bloody hell sinkov, thank you very much for ruining a rather splendid Sunday morning breakfast. Ye Gods he really was bloody awful, but he is still plying his trade in the Scottish leagues - I think.

On a serious note, this piece on the "civilizing mission" rather shows the hypocrisy of the colonial superpowers, while taking Christianity to the "beastly natives" whilst simultaneously shipping them off to slavery to the Caribbean and deep south of America in their millions.

France, Portugal, Holland, Germany and Great Britain were all complicit in this horrible bit of history. Will pulling statues down, airbrushing history and renaming the streets of Europe and North America bring any sort of atonement for this historical abhorrence?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilizing_mission
    No trust in Wiki any more BT, so I won't be reading it. I am curious though, is there anything about the massive part black African countries played in the slave trade, and still were long after we'd made it illegal and were actively fighting against it ? Or is it just another piece of tedious, woke whitey bashing ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No trust in Wiki any more BT, so I won't be reading it. I am curious though, is there anything about the massive part black African countries played in the slave trade, and still were long after we'd made it illegal and were actively fighting against it ? Or is it just another piece of tedious, woke whitey bashing ?
    It's just more tedious, woke, whitey bashing, mon ami. Let's just airbrush history and forget all of the wrongs perpetrated by lots of different people.

It's just more tedious, woke, whitey bashing, mon ami. Let's just airbrush history and forget all of the wrongs perpetrated by lots of different people.
    So what you're saying BT, is that this Wiki piece makes no mention of the massive role played by black African countries in the slave trade, just as I thought.

Are you even aware that just 100 years ago, black African Muslim families, on pilgrimages to Mecca, were still taking their children along and selling them into slavery in Arabia ?

No, thought not.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)