+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Woke and Cancel Culture Examples please...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I know we have a huge difference of opinion on this sinkov, but I think living here and now must be similar to living in Germany in the 1930's.

Divide and rule, racism and no right of protest, eugenics, forced vaccinations and medical experiments, passports and identity papers, culling the unwanted "others," brutal domestic policing, this is what fascism feels like. It's here and now, we have an elitist plutocracy, democracy has taken a hike, it's fascism fair and square and make no mistake.
    Aye, you even get thrown out of sports stadiums if you boo athletes making gestures in support of extremist political movements. Although to be honest I find some of your other supposed manifestations of fascism rather fanciful. This brutal police force for instance, would this be the same force that gets on it's knees when approached by BLM fanatics, or stands idly by as statues of national heroes are defaced or thrown into harbours ?

I spent a fair bit of time in my younger days in Franco's Spain, I saw the Guardia Civil in action, cracking heads for the most trivial of offences, a proper fascist police force. Our lot are just playing at it.

"An indie band has dropped "British" from its name after 20 years, blaming a rise in "antagonistic nationalism".

British Sea Power formed in Reading in 2000 and enjoyed two decades of albums and tours under the name – a wry reference to an already vanished naval supremacy.

Now the six-piece band has decided to drop the term "British", with an online statement saying: "The band formerly known as British Sea Power have modified their name to simply Sea Power.

"The name British Sea Power had come to feel constricting, like an ancient legacy we were carrying with us.

"In recent times there's been a rise in a certain kind of nationalism in this world – an isolationist, antagonistic nationalism that we don't want to run any risk of being confused with.

"It's become apparent that it's possible to misapprehend the name British Sea Power. We always wanted to be an internationalist band, but maybe having a specific nation state in our name wasn't the cleverest way to demonstrate that."

The band, which began as British Air Power before moving to Brighton to take advantage of the local music scene, hopes fans will accept the name change.

Members including founding brothers Yan and Neil Wilkinson have said the change does not reflect their views on Britain as a whole.

The statement said: "We all feel immensely fortunate to have grown up in these islands. Several of our songs are filled with love and awe for this place. We do love these lands. We all still live within the British Isles, but we are now just Sea Power."

On and on it goes, yet another victory for the Wokerati, to be honest I'm surprised they managed to keep going as British Sea Power for so long, they must have been under pressure to drop the British from their name for years.

Pathetic -----and the excuses are even more pathetic. Why not just say that they are ashamed to be British?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Pathetic -----and the excuses are even more pathetic. Why not just say that they are ashamed to be British?
    I wonder how long we will be able to say "British Isles?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I wonder how long we will be able to say "British Isles?"
    They've never called it that in Ireland anyway. And seeing as Ireland is part of the EU it's rapidly becoming a redundant term if it isn't already. Who wants their country to be named after a small tribe of Celts from Kent anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    It is pathetic Sub, but can you blame them when they'll get more airtime on the BBC now than they ever have before. Odd how the word 'British' is unacceptable, but as far as I'm aware Spandau Ballet and Joy Division can still get airtime without objection or even a trigger warning, possibly because the snowflakes won't have a fecking clue about the origins of those names.

Cancel Culture, they're even coming after perfectly legitimate political parties now, this is from Richard Tice, leader of Reform UK, what's left of UKIP and Sir Nigel's Brexit Party.

"At a press conference in London on Monday, I revealed that Metro Bank, who we have worked with since our inception, had suddenly announced that they were closing our accounts and that we were to go elsewhere. No reason given, no justification provided.
    First we were censored by big tech and now we’ve been shut down by big banks – proof that we’re already starting to rattle the establishment"

I don't know about rattling the establishment, but there is something very strange and sinister happening in this country right at this moment. It gets more like Soviet Russia and East Germany every day, 'papers please' just to go on Turf Moor, who would have imagined that just two years ago.

I can even see the funny side - with centuries of warnings and of examples plenty , it's been Years of subservience to a corrupt system - trustful of the phony Political establishment as it gradually (an obviously) vulgarized and absorbed the people into deeper and unquestioning reliance - where did we think being shafted would end ffs ?

....assisted by their loyal minions of course.

these Power-Crazed Scum.

....notice the above "swines" aren't wearing any gloves when handling other folks property !

and check out this aussi psycho - am not having it that she isn't on day release from the Nuthouse.

Dont Talk !

"Even if you've got a mask", mad as a box of frogs as you say Norder, but even this clown knows, and admits, masks are feckin useless. But best keep wearing them anyway.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)