+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Woke and Cancel Culture Examples please...

Cool Best Woke and Cancel Culture Examples please...

We have about 9 weeks before the EPL season restarts, so to ease the boredom let's be having your best examples of PC nonsense.

I'll kick it off with this crackerjack...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgdhp

The good old USA can beat us at it any day,

"Congress allocated nearly $200 billion in COVID-19 relief funds for K-12 schools over the past year. While this money was intended to help reopen schools and mitigate learning loss, President Joe Biden’s Department of Education is encouraging school districts to spend some of it on a different purpose: providing “free, antiracist therapy for white educators”.

The American Rescue Plan requires districts to reserve 20% of funds for “evidence-based” interventions that “respond to students’ academic, social and emotional needs” – a very sensible charge. But the devil is in the definition, and Team Biden’s guidance booklet for spending ARP funds suggests that students’ social and emotional needs include the disruption of “whiteness” and the propagation of critical race theory."

I get this feeling being white, male and over a certain age makes us the target of "hate crime" sinkov.

Where can I go to make a complaint?
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 31-05-2021 at 12:51 PM.

I don't think we are targets really BT, more ignored, irrelevant I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't think we are targets really BT, more ignored, irrelevant I'd say.
    Who said that? Who are you and what is your relevance in this woke society? Nail on the head again, sinkov!

Who are you? That is entering philosophy.

Back in February, the Ministry of Defence recruited a new Diversity Director. Now that she has got her feet under the table, Samantha de Forges is launching a probe into gender in the armed forces and hoping find out whether the various ranks are sufficiently inclusive and, if necessary, rebrand them. According to the Express, the move has prompted a bit of a backlash.

"Samantha de Forges was appointed Director of Diversity and Inclusion in February and will lead a review into military titles and determine which ranks do not offer enough inclusivity. An assessment is set to be conducted into positions officials believe are outdated and other titles will be rebranded if they cannot be gender-neutral, defence sources say.

The head of the Royal Navy, Lord Ian West, last week described demands to change ranks as “ultra, ultra-woke”.

The expected overhaul of military titles has triggered a backlash from a number of Britons on social media, including a former Brexit Party MEP.

In a post on Twitter, Christina Jordan wrote: “When defending our country, diversity matters.” Her post was accompanied by a rolling eyes emoji.

Several users agreed with the former MEP and in response one user said: “Disgusting. The armed forces don’t need a diversity chief. More woke rubbish.”

Another said: “Where are they finding these woke lunatics.”

Others shared their opposition to the plans and hit out at the huge salary being offered – which is higher than that of a major, colonel or brigadier.

A user said: “I would think the MoD could think of better things to do with £110,000 a year.”

Come on Supersub6, as an ex-flight sergeant in the WAF/RAF (?) - what on earth do you think?

"Spectators at the Tokyo Olympics could be ejected if they break rules by cheering or applauding."

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)