+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Heard he respects the pointer
    Certainly isn't a Great Dane.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Certainly isn't a Great Dane.
    Certainly not on winalot, either.

Best dog we ever had was a spaniel/collie cross we picked up from the RSPCA in Derby. When we moved up to NE Scotland I used to take her with me for an early morning game of golf. I am fairly useless at the game but playing a par 5 hole I was amazed to hit the best drive ever followed by a superb second. I was convinced I was on the green in two only to pick up by golf bag and turn round to find the ball at my feet with Belle skipping about looking for praise for her attentiveness. She was a bit surprised to be chased up the fairway with me shouting that she was far from being a good girl. Needless to say there was only one place I could spread her ashes after she had to be put down aged 16 following a stroke.

I have to be honest and say we jumped on the lockdown dog bandwagon.
    We went about it in completely the wrong way but he’s changed our lives for the better in every way. I have two young kids that adore him and a wife, who always hated dogs, thats besotted with him.
    I’m angry with myself that I gambled with a dogs life in the hope we’d enjoy having one but at the same time he’s now part of the family, and we wouldn’t change that for anything.

Good post Skipper.

Mt current labrador is 3.5 and is a bit nuts but he keeps me company on my morning walks listening to Notts if I don't buy the stream and is the proud owner of a 13 game unbeaten streak on mid week morning walks whilst listening to Notts. Does anyone want me to go for a dog walk at 2am on Sunday morning my time?

I’ll be the voice of sanity in this fred.

Dogs are god awful. Rarely ever met one that’s actually trained properly. Instead they jump up on people, bark at stupid things, chase stupid thing, don’t let you eat in peace, stick their nose in your crotch, and do all kinds of obnoxious things. Why anyone would want that, let alone pay good money for it, is beyond me.

I think the Chinese have the right idea with how dogs can best be useful. I lived there and made use several times. Delicious! Goes well with gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post

Dogs are god awful. Rarely ever met one that’s actually trained properly. Instead they jump up on people, bark at stupid things, chase stupid thing, don’t let you eat in peace, stick their nose in your crotch, and do all kinds of obnoxious things. Why anyone would want that, let alone pay good money for it, is beyond me.

I think the Chinese have the right idea with how dogs can best be useful. I lived there and made use several times. Delicious! Goes well with gravy.
    I've got the popcorn out on that post andy.

And yet, without them maybe you wouldn't exist!

People who actively dislike dogs are usually weird, it's certainly no surprise that you're one.

'Dogs are god awful. Rarely ever met one that’s actually trained properly'.

Then surely it's the owners who are awful...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast