+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Dogs

O/T:- Dogs

On the back of my chat with Swale. Always been a big animal lover, especially dogs, FFS , the clever bustrads can even sniff out covid! If you've never had a dog, you're choice but if you think it's all about having to pick their sh1t up , wise choice. What breaks my heart is seeing people during lockdown on the park who've bought them for no other reason than they are bored. The amount of small fluffy dogs I see, more like handbags I call them,but at the end of the day, they are living creatures is shocking. I'm pissed and souding off but wait until these knobs realize what a lifetime commitment ANY animal is.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 01-06-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    On the back of my chat with Swale. Always been a big animal lover, especially dogs, FFS , the clever bustrads can even sniff out covid! If you've never had a dog, you're choice but if you think it's all about having to pick their sh1t up , wise choice. What breaks my heart is seeing people during lockdown on the park who've bought them for no other reason than they are bored. The amount of small fluffy dogs I see, more like handbags I call them,but at the end of the day, they are living creatures is shocking. I'm pissed and souding off but wait until these knobs realize what a lifetime commitment ANY animal is.
    Used to have 2 dalmatians the mrs got to keep them when we parted company.

The boom in owning a dog is worrying in that this has caused a boom in unregulated dog breeding based on the huge hike in prices for dogs.
    I have a small dog now but I used to own Rough Collies and inappropriate breeding down the years has contributed to the way the dog looks today.
    One of the the biggest changes being the nose from being a sharp pointed shape,to a more bottle nosed shape.
    Stricter regulation is required and quickly.

Agreed mate. Dog prices have shot up just cause people want them as a new toy or something to do but when they all go back to work how many dogs are left to themselves all day. Also the amount of dogs I see just let out in the garden annoys me, take them for a bloody walk you lazy sods.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    The boom in owning a dog is worrying in that this has caused a boom in unregulated dog breeding based on the huge hike in prices for dogs.
    I have a small dog now but I used to own Rough Collies and inappropriate breeding down the years has contributed to the way the dog looks today.
    One of the the biggest changes being the nose from being a sharp pointed shape,to a more bottle nosed shape.
    Stricter regulation is required and quickly.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Used to have 2 dalmatians the mrs got to keep them when we parted company.
    Who got the other 99? Sorry, you must have that one countless times.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Agreed mate. Dog prices have shot up just cause people want them as a new toy or something to do but when they all go back to work how many dogs are left to themselves all day. Also the amount of dogs I see just let out in the garden annoys me, take them for a bloody walk you lazy sods.
    Spoke to a lady on the park the other week, she'd paid 2 grand for her dog. She thought she was getting a Labrador ( had all the paperwork ) which it clearly wasn't. Anyway, it's 10 months old now and part of the family she told me.

Spoke to a lady on the park the other week, she'd paid 2 grand for her dog. She thought she was getting a Labrador ( had all the paperwork ) which it clearly wasn't. Anyway, it's 10 months old now and part of the family she told me.
    Yep once they're in that's it, we were meant to be buying a whippet and was advertised as such and ended up with a bonkers lurcher who has a totally mentality. Still as you say I wouldn't swap him now for all the money in the world.

Me and the wifey have always had a dog, all our married lives. We lost 2 within a few months of each other a few years back so I was reluctant to have another. The wifey of course persuaded me otherwise and we chose/booked a pup pre lockdown, intending to pick it up when it was old enough. Course my wifey being the poochie lover she is, we ended up bringing back 2 as someone had let the breeder down with one of the others. Anyhoo, less of this 'handbag dogs' malarky or I'll have to send the boys round.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Me and the wifey have always had a dog, all our married lives. We lost 2 within a few months of each other a few years back so I was reluctant to have another. The wifey of course persuaded me otherwise and we chose/booked a pup pre lockdown, intending to pick it up when it was old enough. Course my wifey being the poochie lover she is, we ended up bringing back 2 as someone had let the breeder down with one of the others. Anyhoo, less of this 'handbag dogs' malarky or I'll have to send the boys round.

Mine fancies himsen as a bit of a keeper.
    Name:  oscar.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  98.4 KB

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast