+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are we buying a new CB??

Why are we buying a new CB??

Looks ike Kristoffer Ajer is set to join from Celtic.

Why? We have Lejeune, Fernandez, Lascelles, Schar, Dummett and Clark (and Kell Watts will be back)

Strengthening a particular area is all well and good-and this fella seems decent and for a good price (between £6 million and £8 million; reports vary)-but we have more important positions to fill, not least a striker or creative midfielder.

You'd think that was it for Lejeune ?

I think Lejeune is off. Which makes sense as he's our best CB.

We're desperate for another striker. Calum Wilson is too injury prone and the others can't score

I don't mind us investing in young talent or investing at all, but I wish it was in the right areas.

Fernandez is out of contract, Lejeune and Clark will be sold. He is good footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by liikape View Post
    Fernandez is out of contract, Lejeune and Clark will be sold. He is good footballer.
    Oh, I don't doubt it.

I agree about Clark being sold and I suspect the only reason we extended Schar's contract is so we can get some money from him.

My concern is that, out of evey position on the pitch, CB is the one we need to worry about the least, especially if we have the ridiculously small budget that's been suggested.

Just another of the mysterious things that happen at this club such as why did they pay 40 mil for a no-name like Joelinton ?

I reckon we'll be selling at least 2 of them.

Probs Lejeune and Clark, I think Fernandez will get another year.

Imagine Bruce not rating Lejeune!!

What a fucking clown he is, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Imagine Bruce not rating Lejeune!!

What a fucking clown he is, man.
    Just shows the quality, or lack of, in his decisions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)