+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next seasons chances

I`ll be happy if we`re safe with half a dozen games left to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Just been reading that financial thread stoke could, should be in a bit of trouble shouldnt they, i should imagine there gonna have to sell some players soon to make books look a bit better for ffp.
    Something that's been on my mind a couple of days Rascal .

Yep a huge number of championship clubs are financially on their @ss .

Is that a good thing for us ?

Not necessarily .

With their budgets cut drastically I'm thinking they could well be in the market for same players we look at .

Throw in the fact it's going to be extremely difficult to recruit players from within the EU and our marketplace just got smaller we may end up getting done over at our own moneyball game .

We may need to move extremely rapidly with our targets this summer and try and stay ahead of the competition .

I said in a recent thread that I hope we can avoid a usual summer fire sale at Oakwell, but I think it is going to happen again with a handful of players, and maybe the coach as well.
    However, a few of them who have been suggested are maybe replaceable after all, so perhaps we shouldn't worry too much about departures.

What also concerns me though is our style of play, will we just go with it again and continue to apparently hope for the best ?.
    But how many opposition teams will be getting used to it by now though, like Swanny obviously were against us during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by conditionred View Post
    I`ll be happy if we`re safe with half a dozen games left to play.
    Ill settle for that too condition mate .

Top 10 next year will be acceptable and achievable but I wouldn't write us off having another playoff pushI posted over 12 months ago about the cheats getting there just deserts well it appears theres more clubs to get there comeupance.We're possibly the best run club in the Championship and financial stability and sustainability will hold us good stead.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Top 10 next year will be acceptable and achievable but I wouldn't write us off having another playoff pushI posted over 12 months ago about the cheats getting there just deserts well it appears theres more clubs to get there comeupance.We're possibly the best run club in the Championship and financial stability and sustainability will hold us good stead.
    If we can get the recruitment spot on Bill then top ten could be achievable .

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Am wi thee bill i think wi confidence we should av now and that winning habit players are gonna think another pùsh for play offs and with the great escape and bad start we had they all know were capable of turning things round, as for us fans after the miracle season we know things can happen from seemingly impossibe positions.

I think other than a place in the PL the biggest success of this season is we've got our mojo back at this level .

We've struggled for years and years in the championship and many of us thought the clubs best days at this level were a thing of the past with the way football as gone .

There's clearly more confidence and a bit more faith in the club's model amongst the support looking on various social media platforms .

I sincerely hope we can build on the season just gone but at the age I am and the number of false dawns I've seen I will always remain grounded .

There's some pretty significant flaws in the club's model that need to be overcome as I've tried pointing out .

They seem to be falling on deaf ears on this board but I sincerely hope they can be overcome .

Emotion is a pretty strong force so I get it but I have to say the flaws that I see in the club's model are pretty significant none the less .

We get the ball and move it forward excellently and i see no reason to change that... but its that wide man is the key... someone to put quality in the box. .. save the money we were gonna spend on Dike. Spend a million on a "Steve Cooper" and feed him quality crosses... the beautiful game made simplydaft.

It's a bit premature to be talking about next season. A lot can happen over the summer. For me it's a subject better discussed in early August.

In brief. As it stands at present we can definitely be looking at top half

If key players leave and the head coach leaves then things will be back in the mixer.

Let's see what our boards ambitions are.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast