+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next seasons chances

Next seasons chances

Yes Im already into survival mode again lol, what are our chances of staying up next season when we look at the Lg One promoted teams.

We looked into this last season of course, and hoped we could take advantage of a hopefully struggling Wycombe and Rotherham (and they hoped to do the same to us as well, hard lines Millers lol). And Sheff Weds didn't survive after their points deduction either, but they did definitely take it to the last few minutes of the very last game at Derby. Will Derby suffer a points deduction this summer ?, well it has been suggested but I highly doubt it.

So what do we reckon to the three upcomers from this season, Hull & Peterbrough & Blackpool. Of the three, Id suggest Hull should be the strongest but theres no way of knowing that at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes Im already into survival mode again lol, what are our chances of staying up next season when we look at the Lg One promoted teams.

We looked into this last season of course, and hoped we could take advantage of a hopefully struggling Wycombe and Rotherham (and they hoped to do the same to us as well, hard lines Millers lol). And Sheff Weds didn't survive after their points deduction either, but they did definitely take it to the last few minutes of the very last game at Derby. Will Derby suffer a points deduction this summer ?, well it has been suggested but I highly doubt it.

So what do we reckon to the three upcomers from this season, Hull & Peterbrough & Blackpool. Of the three, Id suggest Hull should be the strongest but theres no way of knowing that at this stage.
    Well going on recent history of clubs coming up from League One , only one will survive .

However there could be some points deductions heading the way of two or three clubs so it may not be so straightforward .

Well while I don't think we will be anywhere near the Play offs next time (sounds negative I know, but summat just tells me so!), I do still hope for and expect better than just struggling with the bottom three again.

What about our former player Kenny Dougall ehh having a starring role in Blacky's Play off wins. I don't know the quality of their squad but Id guess at them being the weakest of the new three, and Hull probably the strongest. And it will be interesting again renewing the rivalries with the moronic Posh chairman Mr McAnthony.

I'd like to see blackpool and hull stay up, i think derby and brum and maybe huddersfield could struggle again who do you think may get possibe point deductions animal and why mate am interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    I'd like to see blackpool and hull stay up, i think derby and brum and maybe huddersfield could struggle again who do you think may get possibe point deductions animal and why mate am interested.
    Rasca, if theres any so called justice for a number of under achieving years and lucky relegation escape acts, Id also like to see Birmingham finally drop down to the Third Division!. And yes they are Yorkies etc, but Id also like to see Hudds make the drop too, and no Jules did not tell me to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Rasca, if theres any so called justice for a number of under achieving years and lucky relegation escape acts, Id also like to see Birmingham finally drop down to the Third Division!. And yes they are Yorkies etc, but Id also like to see Hudds make the drop too, and no Jules did not tell me to say that.
    😁😁😁

Weve sold no one as yet so up to now i fully expect top 6.

Just been reading that financial thread stoke could, should be in a bit of trouble shouldnt they, i should imagine there gonna have to sell some players soon to make books look a bit better for ffp.

Just because we’ve just a excellent season let’s not automatically expect us to challenging for the top six next season as great as that would be.
    I imagine that after their first season back in the Prem a lot of blades supporters were hoping for a European spot this season.
    We all start next season on the same point and it’s the team who have the right tactics and commitment who will rise to the top.

Mid table at best , all depends on recruitment or lack of it ? Retained list " full " should be out soon , possible targets need to be in quick also ,

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast