+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirits

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    …and to **** with that spiced stuff. For millennial amateurs of the tincture appreciation who have never been weaned off the multi-flavours of Quality Street. Alcopops 2021.

Dark Matters, distilled in Inchmarlo/Glassel was a massive let-down. Always keen to support local businesses, I tracked a supplier down and paid about 40 quid for it. I think there’s a decent base rum in there, but it’s so heavily-cloved, it’s like rinsing at the dentist’s.

The mutineers at Invergordon would REALLY have gone on the rampage if THAT abomination had been issued to them.

“Proud of the mut’ny
    Proud of the fight
    Proud of the men that we’ve become;
    Tear down the Duster
    Raise up The Red Flag
    And roll out a barrel of rum.”
    Spiced stuff is ****e. I like plussers and plantation. Still enjoy an OVD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Spiced stuff is ****e. I like plussers and plantation. Still enjoy an OVD as well.
    I did like OVD and Lamb’s (get your sheep gag in now) but whilst still palatable enough, Woods and Watsons of the supermarket-stocked labels are far more intense, especially if you prefer to add a mixer.

Pusser’s can be found in some shops, but your best bet for a regular supply is online. I use Master Of Malt, from whom I’m awaiting delivery of a pretty decent malt for Jormungad’s da’s upcoming 70th birthday.

The Gunpowder offering (original Navy proofage) is freely available there too.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/rum/pus...bel-rum/?srh=1

We used to sell this Lemon Heart stuff, which was around 70% or thereabouts. Saw quite a few spews from that by the young team

I did like OVD and Lamb’s (get your sheep gag in now) but whilst still palatable enough, Woods and Watsons of the supermarket-stocked labels are far more intense, especially if you prefer to add a mixer.

Pusser’s can be found in some shops, but your best bet for a regular supply is online. I use Master Of Malt, from whom I’m awaiting delivery of a pretty decent malt for Jormungad’s da’s upcoming 70th birthday.

The Gunpowder offering (original Navy proofage) is freely available there too.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/rum/pus...bel-rum/?srh=1
    I use master of malt as well. Usually good deals on Whisky. Waitrose is pretty good as well. Everything else is expensive but their drink isn't.

I got a bottle of this for my birthday which is...nice.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/rum/ron...-13-rum/?srh=1

I use master of malt as well. Usually good deals on Whisky. Waitrose is pretty good as well. Everything else is expensive but their drink isn't.

I got a bottle of this for my birthday which is...nice.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/rum/ron...-13-rum/?srh=1
    Yas. A canny-looking drop. I’ll add it to the schedule.

We have no Waitrose up here, but Sainsbury’s (who “keep the riff-raff out of Waitrose” according to Stephen Fry ) seemed to have the exclusive on this Balvenie a year ago, and I bought a bottle for a special occasion last July.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/...70cl-7623985-p

Nectar.
    Ambrosia.
    Yer granny’s lentil soup.
    Yer ma’s stovies.
    The first pint after 90 minutes of limb-threatening welfare league fitba.

It could only have been improved had it been strained through Clare Grogan’s pants and drunk out of the Cup-Winners’ Cup on 11 May 1983.

Yas. A canny-looking drop. I’ll add it to the schedule.

We have no Waitrose up here, but Sainsbury’s (who “keep the riff-raff out of Waitrose” according to Stephen Fry ) seemed to have the exclusive on this Balvenie a year ago, and I bought a bottle for a special occasion last July.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/...70cl-7623985-p

Nectar.
    Ambrosia.
    Yer granny’s lentil soup.
    Yer ma’s stovies.
    The first pint after 90 minutes of limb-threatening welfare league fitba.

It could only have been improved had it been strained through Clare Grogan’s pants and drunk out of the Cup-Winners’ Cup on 11 May 1983.
    I knew that was what the link would be *fist bump*

They tend to be the cheapest around for that in Waitrose. I don't want to show off how classy I am but I like having that in an old fashioned. Highly recommended. Jura are doing a Carribbean cask now as well.

Waitrose is pretty good
    Tory scum

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Tory scum
    Tink.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    As predicted, it's whisky for me.
    I'm nae as passionate a consumer as I once was, but if I go down the spirits route, this is the path I choose.
    Highland Park is an old favourite, but I'm tending towards Speyside more this weather, Cardhu is affa fine.
    Big fan of Irish whiskey also.
    I'm a whisky-drinker too. Can't see far past Balvenie but there isn't too much I don't like (though a standard Ardbeg would be quite a long way down the "getting-quite-thirsty-now" list).

Also quite like the irish whiskey, it's a lot more watered-down tasting but a fair bit easier drinking when you just need a cooking whisky, it's a delivery mechanism after all. (Last time I was in NI I picked up some Bushmills but was shaking my head with a wry smile at the hoards pouring off buses excitedly in the car-park, it's not all that. All about the marketing I suppose).

Quite like a darker rum, like Diplomatico or Plantation too.
    Last edited by wester_ross_don; 07-06-2021 at 02:03 PM. Reason: bit easier to read, mibbe

I was drinking Hibiki 17 like it was a standard Hibiki when I was in Tokyo a few years back. That's because I thought it was. That was an expensive night. Excellent dram though, one of the best I've ever had.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast