+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirits

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Stayed in Bowmore. Going back there next month for a weekend.

I always find that folk that talk up the merits of whisky, tend to look & dress like Nicky Fairbairn
    Get yourself to Portnahaven and walk down King Street for the sunset. If I'm there I'll invite you in and treat you like Nicky Fairbairn treated all those...

Name:  32D2A6A2-03E1-48C2-9627-3CE9F772C78D.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  8.4 KB

A rum drinker myself. OVD and coke normally, but this beauty sometimes. Neat with no ice and taken like a malt whiskey.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Get yourself to Portnahaven and walk down King Street for the sunset. If I'm there I'll invite you in and treat you like Nicky Fairbairn treated all those...
    Sounds grand. My Aunt is from Portnahaven. F*cked off to Blairmore years ago though. Possibly to escape the influx of Tory voting whisky purist roasters

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Sounds grand. My Aunt is from Portnahaven. F*cked off to Blairmore years ago though. Possibly to escape the influx of Tory voting whisky purist roasters
    Portnahaven is actually a very liberal, international community.

Port Ellen is for the huns.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    One of the perks of retirement is musing “**** mowing the grass, there’s daytime drinking to be had, and I have a Cardhu to sample”.

Very pleasant, tasty on the palate, fine warmth on the epiglottis, and a warm pre-teatime glow, probably leading to “**** the salad intentions, I’ll heat that steak pie”.

I’ll try it with a mere thochtie of water next time as a taste experiment. I no longer subscribe to the macho Banffshire Mannies’ “nae need for watter, there was plenty put in when it wis in the mash tun”.
    In amongst it the night, just the one.

It’s nae a bad gless o me’t at all. Ta for the heids-up.

Ninth anniversary of a too-close too-early family death tonight, so absent friends are being remembered by those still on the green side of the turf in Aberdeen, Keith, Glasgow, New South Wales, and Toronto with various fiery libations.

Watsons Trawler Rum is the AB22 choice.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Nice one.
    As I've gotten aulder I've eschewed the 'nae water' mantra also.
    Merest smidgen enhances rather than diminishes IMHO.
    Affirmative on the enhancement effect of the splooter* added to my half-time Bovril substitute.

*1 splooter = 0.75 thochtie (Banffshire Imperial)

I was gifted a litre of Glendullan 12 year old Singleton malt by a client last week. Nae sure of the degree of appreciation that conveys but I won't be drinking it on account of how every single time I have ever drunk whisky I was arrested (just that once, since you ask). Free to the first Abmadder that can correctly guess my birthday and can collect.

1/4/70

Vintage, Watson's Trawler rum was my grandma, my da an my ain tipple o choice in AB24 .
    Going back a couple pages , Dark Matter is fine wie dash o ginger ale , preferably diet / lite .
    If yer a patron o the Grill, the aul woman who serves there put me in to that one efterneen. As I was pondering over a beer or a rum , she telt me ( quite firmly) to try the Dark Matter ,followed by "an yer nae haein coke wie it, try this" . And I got hooked on Dark Matter and ginger ale .
    As for whisky's, Tesco has good selection and get good deals if you have a club card . Cardhu gold reserve, I can also vouch for .

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast