+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirits

Spirits

Whooo ghosties

Nah, just a touch of the hard stuff.

I’m a beer drinker, so avoid the hard stuff normally.
    I gave up pints of vodka years ago, by public demand.

I’ve never been a fan of whisky, although I realise that whisky will feature heavily on this thread.

A decent cognac is usually my tipple but only a couple of times a year because I drink the whole bloody bottle.

Anyway, I’ve just been given some home made calvados, it’s f’uckin nectar.

I’ve bought some quite expensive calvados in the past ( not that expensive you understand) but it’s got nothing this stuff.

If I have another it’s going to be a problem in the morning.

Calavados is for poofs.

As predicted, it's whisky for me.
    I'm nae as passionate a consumer as I once was, but if I go down the spirits route, this is the path I choose.
    Highland Park is an old favourite, but I'm tending towards Speyside more this weather, Cardhu is affa fine.
    Big fan of Irish whiskey also.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Calavados is for poofs.

Is it Le Poof or La Poof?

Whatever it is, they know what to do with their f’uckin apples.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    As predicted, it's whisky for me.
    I'm nae as passionate a consumer as I once was, but if I go down the spirits route, this is the path I choose.
    Highland Park is an old favourite, but I'm tending towards Speyside more this weather, Cardhu is affa fine.
    Big fan of Irish whiskey also.
    Whisky for me as well. Mainly because it's a man's drink.

Glengoyne is my local and my favourite. Close behind is Knockando. Soft spot for Bruichladdich due to it being next to her mother's.

There’s peaty whisky & there’s whisky that isn’t peaty. Anyone that can tell further differences from that, is a total roaster. Fact.

It’s rare I touch spirits these days but in the odd occasion that I do, it’s always vodka soda. Tastes of nothing & gets you blootered. Jobs a good ‘un

Rum. Filthy black treacley stuff as rough as a deckhand’s language, and all the better if there are fish scales and the thumb of a trawlerman’s glove in it.

Watson’s Trawler Rum
    Wood’s Navy Rum
    Pussers
    Pussers Gunpowder

Being from Speyside production territory, I have to support the local economy, of course, and you canna go wrong with a Dalwhinnie 15, or the jewel of Banffshire’s output, Cragganmore, my go-to dram for all occasions.

I borrowed a bottle of Pussers out my dads drinks cabinet when I was 14. Put me off for life

I have always hated rum flavoured stuff, and to this day have never tasted dark rum.

My son was working in trinidad a couple of years ago and the good loon took his auld man hame a bottle of Forres Park puncheon rum

Absolutely gorgeous with fresh orange, costs a bloody fortune over here though.

…and to **** with that spiced stuff. For millennial amateurs of the tincture appreciation who have never been weaned off the multi-flavours of Quality Street. Alcopops 2021.

Dark Matters, distilled in Inchmarlo/Glassel was a massive let-down. Always keen to support local businesses, I tracked a supplier down and paid about 40 quid for it. I think there’s a decent base rum in there, but it’s so heavily-cloved, it’s like rinsing at the dentist’s.

The mutineers at Invergordon would REALLY have gone on the rampage if THAT abomination had been issued to them.

“Proud of the mut’ny
    Proud of the fight
    Proud of the men that we’ve become;
    Tear down the Duster
    Raise up The Red Flag
    And roll out a barrel of rum.”

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast