+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirits

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    I was gifted a litre of Glendullan 12 year old Singleton malt by a client last week. Nae sure of the degree of appreciation that conveys but I won't be drinking it on account of how every single time I have ever drunk whisky I was arrested (just that once, since you ask). Free to the first Abmadder that can correctly guess my birthday and can collect.
    How did this post pass me by.......

Day and date are a given....the year........was this year a landmark????

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Vintage, Watson's Trawler rum was my grandma, my da an my ain tipple o choice in AB24 .
    Going back a couple pages , Dark Matter is fine wie dash o ginger ale , preferably diet / lite .
    If yer a patron o the Grill, the aul woman who serves there put me in to that one efterneen. As I was pondering over a beer or a rum , she telt me ( quite firmly) to try the Dark Matter ,followed by "an yer nae haein coke wie it, try this" . And I got hooked on Dark Matter and ginger ale .
    As for whisky's, Tesco has good selection and get good deals if you have a club card . Cardhu gold reserve, I can also vouch for .
    The Dark Matter is far too heavily-cloved (like Thatcher’s feet) for my taste. A decent drap spoiled, I think.

Rum and Crabbies is splendid, but if it’s the ginger wine that’s added, I’d lay cash on its capability of propelling a Saturn V tugging an artic trailer-load of six-inch brieze blocks. Way way after my Proper Mannies’ drinking days, intending a post-match pint in the Health Board club (RIP) I had a glass or two to warm me up. I have nae idea yet how I got hame, or at what time. The absence of a half-eaten white pudden supper meant that I wasn’t wholly transported back to 1979.

A bottle of Goslings 151 Proof Black Seal was installed last weekend. Bermudan, like Pussers in the mooth, but winds roon yer heart like a hairy worm post-swallow. A major contributor to glottal warming, I’m saying.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    A bottle of Goslings 151 Proof Black Seal was installed last weekend. Bermudan, like Pussers in the mooth, but winds roon yer heart like a hairy worm post-swallow. A major contributor to glottal warming, I’m saying.
    This fella: https://www.masterofmalt.com/rum/gos...mended_by=3014

Think I may have invest in a bottle o that 57, did you buy online or find in a local shop ?

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Think I may have invest in a bottle o that 57, did you buy online or find in a local shop ?
    Online fae Master of Malt. I'm on their mailing list, and get some tempting offers from time to time.

The Whisky Shop on Union Street sometimes has a good bottle or two, but being a wee concern, the priority of distillers and importers will aye be to get higher-profile stuff on supermarket shelves.

The Wood's pictured on the same page is a lovely drop too, and Morrisons often have it on special.

If you get a bottle of Black Seal, let me ken fit you think.

The empty bottle went into the recycling bin yesterday having been teemed the night before. The last few drops went into the coffee filter jug yesterday morning before the binning.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 05-08-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The Dark Matter is far too heavily-cloved (like Thatcher’s feet) for my taste. A decent drap spoiled, I think.

Rum and Crabbies is splendid, but if it’s the ginger wine that’s added, I’d lay cash on its capability of propelling a Saturn V tugging an artic trailer-load of six-inch brieze blocks. Way way after my Proper Mannies’ drinking days, intending a post-match pint in the Health Board club (RIP) I had a glass or two to warm me up. I have nae idea yet how I got hame, or at what time. The absence of a half-eaten white pudden supper meant that I wasn’t wholly transported back to 1979.

Not a fan of Dark Matter either. Too spiced for not being spiced.

I'll check out that Black Seal.

I'm in Islay just now and the new distillery sells Kill Devil Rum which is pricey but lovely.

I’m on Islay tomorrow. Try and no leave the place in a state eh? I’m on my honeymoon

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Not a fan of Dark Matter either. Too spiced for not being spiced.

I'll check out that Black Seal.

I'm in Islay just now and the new distillery sells Kill Devil Rum which is pricey but lovely.
    Its why I like ginger ale in my Dark Matter,same way my granda and aul man only took coca cola " nae that pepsi s...." In ther Watson's.

57, am nae hame till around end of September , might try the Costcutter in Dyce, guy there has good stock o whisky n rums .

I'll maybe look in next time I hit the badlands of Dyce on undercover ops.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m on Islay tomorrow. Try and no leave the place in a state eh? I’m on my honeymoon
    Only issue is the amount of Nigel's over here just now.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast