+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What’s going on...and why?

Rooney (or whoever else should there be another managerial change) needs to KNOW :

a) how little cash do I have for transfers
    b) how small is the wages budget to which I have to conform

...... and he needs to KNOW that, an iron clad guarantee, NOW!!

We still might frighten some players off due to the concern of possible points deductions but a) and b) above have to be crystal clear right now or he will have no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Maybe...that’s certainly the Derby ‘take’, but those in Rotherham and Wycombe feel equally sure we’ve got away with things at their expense because we’re a ‘big club’.
    I’m sure we’d all just like a summer ‘build’ that isn’t messed up by a) an incoming celebrity manager’s TV commitments... b) an outgoing celebrity manager taking forever to decide whether to leave or not...c) accusations of financial wrongdoings/pandemic...d) continued accusations of financial wrongdoing and failed takeovers...because that’s the last four summers for DCFC, and the ditherings of the EFL aren’t helping.
    **** me! Are you still whinging about Lampard? I thought you claimed to be even handed but no it was Lampard taking forever to decide whther to leave or not, when actually you don't know why it took the time it did.

Mind you the rest of your post is also whining - plus its not the EFL but the independent tribunal or whatever its called that decides the sanction so not the EFL dithering.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    **** me! Are you still whinging about Lampard? I thought you claimed to be even handed but no it was Lampard taking forever to decide whther to leave or not, when actually you don't know why it took the time it did.

Mind you the rest of your post is also whining - plus its not the EFL but the independent tribunal or whatever its called that decides the sanction so not the EFL dithering.
    Lol...neither whinging nor whining. Merely observing, as a long suffering supporter of DCFC, that our last four summers have been anything but straight forward and, for the reasons stated, have not been conducive to building a squad or strengthening the football club.

I’m unsure of who’s to blame for the current hiatus, that’s kind of the point of the thread, and I just can’t understand why - almost four weeks now after the latest allegations surfaced and six days before the transfer window opens - absolutely no progress appears to have been made in resolving the situation which, to me, equates to yet more ‘dithering’ and the slow but sure destruction of any ambition or optimism for next season at Derby.

Rumour on the street is that it is not good.
    Don't think you'll have anything to spend from what I am hearing

Fixtures are out in 2 weeks.
    I had it said to me that Derby know the punishment, that's why they are fighting tooth and nail.

If the following below is true( I borrowed it)
    Then how bad is it?

Sheep already know punishment hence the delay cos they have challenged it which suggests it’s a point deduction and relegated
    They cannot get away with the following.
    - almost £250m in debt
    - mad Mel running out of cash
    - PFA have had to step in to cover wages
    - 11 first team players out of contract
    - no uk financier will finance the sale as the club have been black balled
    - EFL won their appeal and face points deduction and relegation
    - breached FFP by over £50m over 3 years and face further punishment for it
    - face further punishment for continuous breaches
    - meaning mad Mel can’t sell the club he will have no other option but to put it in admin which will incur another point deduction
    - sale of stadium case has been reopened as mad Mel bought it for £80m and now selling for £35m
    - Stephen Pierce booted off EFL board and now under investigation
    - sheep could start next season on -36 points
    - they have been in a transfer embargo for months
    - club could go bust

Now, before someone jumps down my throat. I said I borrowed it. The guy normally gives good info on inside NFFC, but knows a guy in EFL finance. It may be bollox, but if it isn't,

Sheep already know punishment hence the delay cos they have challenged it which suggests it’s a point deduction and relegated - pure conjecture

- almost £250m in debt That figure is how much Mel has put in. IMO he has already written that off and the club isn't in that kind of REAL debt
    - mad Mel running out of cash According to the latest "rich list" he is still worth between £500M and £600M. Precisely what he was worth when he took the club over
    - PFA have had to step in to cover wages IMO, that would be all over the papers as it ws earlier this season if true
    - 11 first team players out of contract Factually incorrect. 6 of our own players out of contract, 3 of whom have been out on loan and are unwanted by DCFC. The other 3 are in talks with DCFC about new contracts. There are another 6 loanees who have gone back to their mother clubs.
    - no uk financier will finance the sale as the club have been black balled There might be some truth in that but I'd be more convinced by its veracity if it said by whom the club has been blackballed
    - EFL won their appeal and face points deduction and relegation Already covered in your first point?
    - breached FFP by over £50m over 3 years and face further punishment for it As I wrote in another post on this forum, reverting to the old amortisation method will probably see us exceed FFP in maybe 5 or 6 three year rolling periods. 72 point deduction or will the EFL be lenient due to their own complicity? How many times are you going to repeat the same thing in different words?
    - face further punishment for continuous breaches More repetition
    - meaning mad Mel can’t sell the club he will have no other option but to put it in admin which will incur another point deduction Minus 84?
    - sale of stadium case has been reopened as mad Mel bought it for £80m and now selling for £35m Good cse to make for changes in circumstance. When you're broke and HAVE to sell, buyers will squeeze the price. Also, the £80M was based on increasing the use of Pride Park to include concerts and other things. Covid has forced those plans to be put on ice for now.
    - Stephen Pierce booted off EFL board and now under investigation Wouldn't a move like that have to be announced in accordance with UK Law
    - sheep could start next season on -36 pointsMore repetition
    - they have been in a transfer embargo for months We know
    - club could go bust Could, yes. However, the major creditor is Mel so I don't see that happening. He will cancel the debt and still be worth north of £500M

I presume the above is taken from a Tree Hugger source so the negative spin is hardly surprising. We'll have to wait and see. Some of it is incorrect, some likely, some possibly not and the truth will probably be somewhere, on a scale of 1 to 10, between 4 and 6, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Sheep already know punishment hence the delay cos they have challenged it which suggests it’s a point deduction and relegated - pure conjecture

- almost £250m in debt That figure is how much Mel has put in. IMO he has already written that off and the club isn't in that kind of REAL debt
    - mad Mel running out of cash According to the latest "rich list" he is still worth between £500M and £600M. Precisely what he was worth when he took the club over
    - PFA have had to step in to cover wages IMO, that would be all over the papers as it ws earlier this season if true
    - 11 first team players out of contract Factually incorrect. 6 of our own players out of contract, 3 of whom have been out on loan and are unwanted by DCFC. The other 3 are in talks with DCFC about new contracts. There are another 6 loanees who have gone back to their mother clubs.
    - no uk financier will finance the sale as the club have been black balled There might be some truth in that but I'd be more convinced by its veracity if it said by whom the club has been blackballed
    - EFL won their appeal and face points deduction and relegation Already covered in your first point?
    - breached FFP by over £50m over 3 years and face further punishment for it As I wrote in another post on this forum, reverting to the old amortisation method will probably see us exceed FFP in maybe 5 or 6 three year rolling periods. 72 point deduction or will the EFL be lenient due to their own complicity? How many times are you going to repeat the same thing in different words?
    - face further punishment for continuous breaches More repetition
    - meaning mad Mel can’t sell the club he will have no other option but to put it in admin which will incur another point deduction Minus 84?
    - sale of stadium case has been reopened as mad Mel bought it for £80m and now selling for £35m Good cse to make for changes in circumstance. When you're broke and HAVE to sell, buyers will squeeze the price. Also, the £80M was based on increasing the use of Pride Park to include concerts and other things. Covid has forced those plans to be put on ice for now.
    - Stephen Pierce booted off EFL board and now under investigation Wouldn't a move like that have to be announced in accordance with UK Law
    - sheep could start next season on -36 pointsMore repetition
    - they have been in a transfer embargo for months We know
    - club could go bust Could, yes. However, the major creditor is Mel so I don't see that happening. He will cancel the debt and still be worth north of £500M

I presume the above is taken from a Tree Hugger source so the negative spin is hardly surprising. We'll have to wait and see. Some of it is incorrect, some likely, some possibly not and the truth will probably be somewhere, on a scale of 1 to 10, between 4 and 6, IMO
    I looked at this post on the basis its football, but oh dear what a lot of rumour and assumptions with absolutely no facts.

On the PTs deduction - if it happens and its a big IF, it will apply next season, but the club have said they will appeal a PTS deduction anyway so the legal action will drag on for months. If the EFL were going to apply aPTS deduction this season they would have got the Independent Commission who decides the penalty to make a quick decision, that hasn't happened and fixture lists are being finalised now.

The actual debt has been stated as £60 million and as MA says Mel can finance that with no issues.

The rest MA has roundly debunked.

So...another three weeks on since the original post on this thread, meaning over six weeks since the end of the season and still all we hear is rumour and conjecture.
    I’m not given to conspiracy theories, but with every day that passes this just seems ever more malicious on the part of the EFL.
    They’ve already screwed us over apparently Hull bound Marriott, and the initial opening of the transfer window has already passed us by.
    Why the inability to reach a conclusion...what is causing the hold up?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So...another three weeks on since the original post on this thread, meaning over six weeks since the end of the season and still all we hear is rumour and conjecture.
    I’m not given to conspiracy theories, but with every day that passes this just seems ever more malicious on the part of the EFL.
    They’ve already screwed us over apparently Hull bound Marriott, and the initial opening of the transfer window has already passed us by.
    Why the inability to reach a conclusion...what is causing the hold up?
    Your malicious comment sums them up but, in addition, they are simply the most inefficient organisation in football making even the FA seem positively streamlined! They simply want to bring MM to his knees never mind 'DCFC the Club' and it's fans!! Let's face it the fans don't matter to any of the football bodies, they just get in the way! The self appointed mafia just want us to pump money into the system to pay for their imagined god-like status!
    Ggggrrrrr!! 😠

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Your malicious comment sums them up but, in addition, they are simply the most inefficient organisation in football making even the FA seem positively streamlined! They simply want to bring MM to his knees never mind 'DCFC the Club' and it's fans!! Let's face it the fans don't matter to any of the football bodies, they just get in the way! The self appointed mafia just want us to pump money into the system to pay for their imagined god-like status!
    Ggggrrrrr!! ��
    I thought this belonged on the Brexit thread for a minute

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)