+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wolves at Euros

Wolves at Euros

https://twitter.com/england/status/1...384589826?s=21

I see that Conor Coady has made the England squad for the Euros. First Wolves player to make English men’s national team squad for major tournament since.....? Bully in 1990?

Elsewhere, we have:

Donk with Belgium
    Traore with Spain
    Patricio, Semedo, Moutinho, Neves with Portugal

They’re all in different groups, so maybe we could have those four in the semifinals and guarantee that a Wolves player gets a winners medal

https://twitter.com/wolves/status/14...759529992?s=21

Most Wolves at a major tournament since the 58 WC in Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    https://twitter.com/wolves/status/14...759529992?s=21

Most Wolves at a major tournament since the 58 WC in Sweden
    We had 58 players in the Swedish World Cup?!!!!

Oh, OK see what you mean.

Still an impressive statistic though.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    We had 58 players in the Swedish World Cup?!!!!

Oh, OK see what you mean.

Still an impressive statistic though.
    That would explain why Wolves were so good that decade

https://twitter.com/england/status/1...384589826?s=21
    I see that Conor Coady has made the England squad for the Euros. First Wolves player to make English men’s national team squad for major tournament since.....? Bully in 1990?
    Hey Mich, I dont know much about this lad Coady, but I hear hes a bit mouthy. So thats ace isn't it, he sounds like a perfect future England CB.

Connor is a converted midfielder, ex Liverpool. He has had caps at some of the younger age groups and is a born leader. You can always hear him on match days barking out orders and encouragement. Not the quickest player, but does read the game well. Also not afraid to put some of the more senior players in their place. A great captain for Wolves where his leadership overcomes his shortfalls. I hope he gets some playing time at the Euro's.

That would explain why Wolves were so good that decade
    Well we did have Wright, Flowers, Clamp, Slater and Showell in the England team. Heady days!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)