+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’ve been offered this car.

I’ve been offered this car.

Guy I’m buying it off wants £2000 for it.
    I’ve had the car for a few days and it’s a bit expensive to run but it drives like a dream.
    Local garage has looked around it and they say it’s sound.
    A fella who lives just down the road has seen it and he likes it and has offered me £9000 for it.
    But anyway I’ve decided not to buy it.

What’s the ..... OT attached to the title ?

It means 'Off topic' Nudger, which the thread is. And you probably know it means that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It means 'Off topic' Nudger, which the thread is. And you probably know it means that anyway.
    No I didn’t - but later I guessed thats what it was.
    But actually - as you probably know - the post isn’t ‘off topic’.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    No I didn’t - but later I guessed thats what it was.
    But actually - as you probably know - the post isn’t ‘off topic’.
    Not that Im really bothered, but what makes you think this is 'On topic' then ?.

The majority of fans chat about footy on here and Im guessing thats what we all enjoy chatting about the most (whether it be about Barnsley Fc or not). This was a debate we had a number of years ago, should we have a separate Off topic board for threads like this, and for the many political threads as well etc.

Not that Im really bothered, but what makes you think this is 'On topic' then ?.

The majority of fans chat about footy on here and Im guessing thats what we all enjoy chatting about the most (whether it be about Barnsley Fc or not). This was a debate we had a number of years ago, should we have a separate Off topic board for threads like this, and for the many political threads as well etc.
    Dunt be silly nar.
    Tha not daft.
    Read the IP again.
    Surely you can relate it to a present topic.

If we were given first option to buy then surely we’d still need to agree a salary with him.

If Prem clubs have contacted Orlando either directly or indirectly to express their interest, then it’s obvious what sort of figure they’d pay him.
    Assuming this interest has been conveyed to Barnsley then it seems that we’ve withdrawn our option.

Makes sense to me although it may not be true !

So its a sarcy dig at the situation with Dike, and a dig at everybody who disagrees with you on this subject. Ahh now I get it, carry on then.

Quote Originally Posted by x11barnsley View Post
    If we were given first option to buy then surely we’d still need to agree a salary with him.

If Prem clubs have contacted Orlando either directly or indirectly to express their interest, then it’s obvious what sort of figure they’d pay him.
    Assuming this interest has been conveyed to Barnsley then it seems that we’ve withdrawn our option.

Makes sense to me although it may not be true !
    It has expensive running costs.
    But at just £2000 - and someone just down the road will pay £9000 for it.
    But I’m not bothered.
    Yer couldn’t make this story up LOL !!!

So its a sarcy dig at the situation with Dike, and a dig at everybody who disagrees with you on this subject. Ahh now I get it, carry on then.
    I’m not having a dig at anyone - it’s just a simple analogy.
    Why would somebody refuse to buy something offered to them at £30 - knowing it’s worth £180 and there are people lining up to buy it ???

I’m finding it difficult to understand why more of our supporters are not as upset about this as what I am.
    What we have been told makes no sense whatsoever.

If Dane Murphy had NOT said that a price had been agreed and there is a clause in the contract that gives Barnsley first shout ....... then I could have understood it.
    But that is NOT the case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast