+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ingerland v Osterreich

Ingerland v Osterreich

This is our first pre-Euro's friendly tonight against Austria, and we've got Romania visiting as well at the weekend.
    There's still very little that we can gain from friendlies like these, and I still don't see the point in them.

Gareth has picked a questionable Euro squad which is heavily based on big clubs reputations yet again, instead of form and quality. When will this ever change ?.

And remember when we thought playing Austria in a friendly in '73, might help us with our upcoming massive World cup game against Poland.
    Results... we hammered Austria for 7, and we only drew with Poland, and this meant we failed to make the World Cup Finals in 1974. And wasn't that the end for Alf Ramsey and a number of players who were 'moved on' (not good enough anymore, and too old etc) ?.

Cannot get my head around why Lingard is playing tonight but failed to make the squad for the Euros .

WTF !!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Cannot get my head around why Lingard is playing tonight but failed to make the squad for the Euros .
    WTF !!!
    Exactly Animal.
    Jesse Lingard has had an ace season, and yet he doesn't make the squad... and yet he still plays tonight. Whaaatt!!.

Ive got nowt against Harry Maguire btw, but is he even anywhere near 100% fit for this tournament. Hopefully John Stones will get a fair chance, but Im really losing patience now with Gareth to be honest.

Goal... England lead 1-0 after about an hour.

Bukayo Saka, and Ive no idea who this player is.

What a laboured and unimpressive win that was tonight.
    Yes I admit these friendlies are pathetic to be honest and they don't give much away at all when it comes to how the teams will play in the Euro's.

And this pees me off so much, why were Austria playing in that garbage navy and light blue kit, when they normally play in a Barnsley style red and white kit ?.

Blame the bad game on barnsley not signing deekay

Can't understand why anyone watches these games , yes man Southgate hasn't a chuffing clue , Get Allardyce back !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Can't understand why anyone watches these games , yes man Southgate hasn't a chuffing clue , Get Allardyce back !
    dosnt really mean anything who ever is in charge they all pick the same players even more so come tournament time even when there injured.

I ed to turn Radio off this morning when Alladyce wo droning on

How he motivates his players is beyond me. Boring 2hat.

Yeah fat Sam is a plonker really, and he totally stabbed himself in the foot didn't he when he was our national manager. Serves him right!.

As for the Austrian's, why weren't messrs Ritzmaier and Freiser and Schmidt and Knasmullner playing for them ?.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast