+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: England Austria

I missed that, it must have been when my wife rang. As I said, a lucky win.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post

what was it this time - Kriti - cake and tea or......toe sucking ?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Based on what Norder is saying, I didn't realise Chris mate that you were actually married to the Queen.

My wife was ringing from Leeds, bringing succour to elderly tykes, she's a part time carer ( sometimes she cares, some times she doesn't). Having said that I have to treat her like royalty .. I just ignore her as I would them.

Complete and utter dross, Austria should have won that 4-1, why is it that whenever we make wholesale changes we fall apart completely, Austria made changes as well but they just got better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Complete and utter dross, Austria should have won that 4-1, why is it that whenever we make wholesale changes we fall apart completely, Austria made changes as well but they just got better and better.
    I'm not being horrible, but we once watched about 8 Jack Russell dogs on Southport beach chasing one of those old multi-coloured beach balls that the wind used to take hold of. The doggy inspired spectacle was remarkably similar to watching England last night.

Perhaps there was a good reason, but I missed the press conference or something, perhaps someone knows what the reason was and could explain ? We have two, imo, very good left-backs in Chilwell and Shaw, but one of the best right-backs in Europe, Kieran Trippier, was playing left-back last night, which negates his biggest asset, his devastating crosses from wide right positions. Anyone know why ?

And another thing, I keep watching and wondering, but the penny hasn't dropped for me yet. Just what is it that Declan Rice is supposed to bring to this England team ?

Perhaps there was a good reason, but I missed the press conference or something, perhaps someone knows what the reason was and could explain ? We have two, imo, very good left-backs in Chilwell and Shaw, but one of the best right-backs in Europe, Kieran Trippier, was playing left-back last night, which negates his biggest asset, his devastating crosses from wide right positions. Anyone know why ?
    Because Southgate is a muppet possibly sinkov. GS also seems to think people aren’t getting the message about the knee. Yes we get the message loud and clear Gareth and many fans simply do not agree with this empty gesture. If the players are going to persist with this next season I don’t want to see it booed. I’d prefer those who disagree with it turn their backs on this sorry spectacle.

Agreed Sinkov that is exactly what it was dross
    I’m baffled by Southgate and his tactics and selection - I honestly believe he was forced into Trent Alexander being included and also lingard for that matter.
    We are waiting for McGuire who’s had - got ligament damage ( won’t be back to normal for some time even if we chanced him ), there is only us who’d do that, and Henderson hasn’t played for months it’s shocking IMO anyway.

He’s as I’ve always said a YES man to the Fa and always will be.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)