+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: England Austria

On the footy, was the 2nd half any better than the first, or was Dragon's Den the better option ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    On the footy, was the 2nd half any better than the first, or was Dragon's Den the better option ?
    I watered the plants again, so I couldn't possibly tell you mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

I know Sub watches with the sound down and playing his own music while he views because of the stupid comments, but I have the sound on for the fun (pathetic) factor
    During the first-half yesterday, Lee Dixon I think it was, said that in the previous game Pickford had been 'brilliant at kicking the ball upfield.........with his feet.' Is there any other way you can kick a ball upfield ?

If you have the sound off you miss priceless comments like that, they're more entertaining than the football.

During the first-half yesterday, Lee Dixon I think it was, said that in the previous game Pickford had been 'brilliant at kicking the ball upfield.........with his feet.' Is there any other way you can kick a ball upfield ?

If you have the sound off you miss priceless comments like that, they're more entertaining than the football.
    It's simply a snide reference to Pope's perceived inability to kick a ball upfield mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's simply a snide reference to Pope's perceived inability to kick a ball upfield mon ami.
    To be fair BT, when Pickford kicked the ball upfield, even with his feet, he was better at it than our Nick, and by some distance. But no worries, it might keep him out of the England team, but like I keep saying, it'll keep him at Burnley. As long as he can land it within range of Chris Wood nine times out of ten, that's all we need, and he can do that.

To be fair BT, when Pickford kicked the ball upfield, even with his feet, he was better at it than our Nick, and by some distance. But no worries, it might keep him out of the England team, but like I keep saying, it'll keep him at Burnley. As long as he can land it within range of Chris Wood nine times out of ten, that's all we need, and he can do that.
    Your right Sinkov , but I’m back to crap pundits and commentators, when I played a keeper was primarily there to stop the ball going in the net and that alone really.
    Now apparently he has to have the feet of a creative midfielder as well as stop the goals going in,
    It’s a joke really - however what I would say is Pope hasn’t / isn’t improving in that department from what I see and you’d think our staff would be on it big style .

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Your right Sinkov , but I’m back to crap pundits and commentators, when I played a keeper was primarily there to stop the ball going in the net and that alone really.
    Now apparently he has to have the feet of a creative midfielder as well as stop the goals going in,
    It’s a joke really - however what I would say is Pope hasn’t / isn’t improving in that department from what I see and you’d think our staff would be on it big style .
    Either kicking a football is in your skill set or it isn't.

Just ask me when we kick off the new EPL season who I would prefer between our sticks, Pickford or Pope?

The clue is in the photo...

Attachment 19185

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)