+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The cricket

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    The ECB are idiots. Who is it, though, that goes trawling through peoples past trying to dig up dirt in order to ruin their careers?
    It’s the snivelling little woke b I t c h e s Kets.

He made some stupid comments as an 18 year old FFS.

These woke Nazis are making the world an impossible place to inhabit, especially for younger people.

Most of us did stupid stuff in our early and late ****s and into our 20’s, it’s getting to the point where someone is going to get hung for something they said as a 10-13 year old.

Michael Vaughan says Robinson needs to go away, learn and educate himself! As far as I can see as no one has been able to find another inappropriate tweet since 2013 that is exactly what he has done over the last 8 years or so!

People make mistakes. He has obviously already learned from his given his actions, or more accurately, non actions, over the last 8 years. What a sorry state of affairs this country has become.

I find this a difficult one. For sure the ECB have over-reacted with their indignation - ruined their little “Unity” tea party ..... so the Chairman is looking for heads to roll. Will probably introduce a new vetting policy whereby anyone who has said or done anything bad in the past will not get near the England team. Yet everyone deserves a second chance - Robinson was only 18 at the time and by all accounts was not the most disciplined individual in his early county career. It will be a travesty if someone who has clearly turned his ways around is thrown on the rubbish tip for a transgression 10 years ago. Despite the uproar created, he went on to have a really decent debut and looks the part. Certainly the most threatening bowler we had and did well with the bat in a time of crisis. Clearly has bottle and strong character.

We cannot walk by what he tweeted - it was wrong plain and simple. But we have to give people who show remorse and have mended their ways a second chance. Not just hang them out to dry.

This makes me so angry. Most of us have said and done things that we wished we hadn't when we were young, or even when older. The problem is that now, with social media, it's all on record. It's not as if he has committed murder. Mind you, if he had he would probably have received more sympathy from these wokes, such is the world that we live in today. I'm not in any way defending what he has said but he was young and isn't it supposed to be part of our Christian ethos to forgive. Wokes, please note!
    Last edited by Leicesterbaggie; 07-06-2021 at 09:10 AM.

Wouldn’t it be great if the England cricket team refused to play the next test unless Robinson’s suspension was withdrawn? I would love that to happen but of course it won’t, nobody has the guts to stand up to these PC tw@ts.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    This makes me so angry. Most of us have said and done things that we wished we hadn't when we were young, or even when older. The problem is that now, with social media, it's all on record. It's not as if he has committed murder. Mind you, if he had he would probably have received more sympathy from these wokes, such is the world that we live in today. I'm not in any way defending what he has said but he was young and isn't it supposed to be part of our Christian ethos to forgive. Wokes, please note!
    The problem is this, the ECB have said they operate a zero tolerance approach to discrimination. So when something like this happens, they have already played their hand and they have to punish him. Or they will be perceived as being weak and hypercritical.

They will have to discipline him.

I don't doubt it was many years ago, and no doubt he has changed as a person. We all do stupid things in our youth, we all make mistakes and we all learn and grow with life experience. But the ECB can't carry on as if nothing has happened, given the anti discrimination messages they have been so public with - and its right they are taking that approach.

I do feel a bit sorry for them here, they are in between a rock and a hard place. I would think a 1 match test ban and perhaps some community work will satisfy all.

It's interesting that the Culture Secretary has criticised the actions of the ECB and hopes that they will overturn their decision. Good for him but if he expects the ECB to make a U turn, absolutely no chance. They wouldn't want to upset the left wing media or these juvenile, self serving wokes.

No wonder old people get tired of life and just give up in the end, I think each elder generation despairs at the way things are going.

I think we’re heading to a place where self expression won’t be tolerated.

A totalitarian “Woke” society.

Quite ironic really, more like living in North Korea, I suspect we’ll have tens of thousands “goose stepping” past the great “Woke” leader 50 years from now.

I’m glad I’ll be dead, I sort of wish I’d been born in the 30’s like my dad and mum or maybe even the early 20’s.......I think they had the best of life in general.

A simpler time.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    The problem is this, the ECB have said they operate a zero tolerance approach to discrimination. So when something like this happens, they have already played their hand and they have to punish him. Or they will be perceived as being weak and hypercritical.

They will have to discipline him.

I don't doubt it was many years ago, and no doubt he has changed as a person. We all do stupid things in our youth, we all make mistakes and we all learn and grow with life experience. But the ECB can't carry on as if nothing has happened, given the anti discrimination messages they have been so public with - and its right they are taking that approach.

I do feel a bit sorry for them here, they are in between a rock and a hard place. I would think a 1 match test ban and perhaps some community work will satisfy all.
    I hear what you are saying and if there has to be a punishment, which I don't agree with by the way, make it just one Test. Having said all this, what 'saddo' has been trawling through tweets made eight years ago. it's a pity that these people don't use their time more constructively to help society instead of wasting their time with such absurdities. They won't though because they are immersed in their cretinous ideology .

One things for certain it wont be how good or even great you are at your sport to be selected, it will also depend on what you think. Orwell was so prescient

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)