+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Southgate-The Ultimate Yes man

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'd love to hear him try to explain why he considered Trippier better than Shaw or Chilwell on the left for the Croatia game, but not as good as James on the right for Scotland, I think he's confused.
    It could all revolve around niggling injuries --none of us know because we are not with the players on a daily basis. Just saying.

My worry is what Southgate will do with the talent he has available, he's looking to me very much like someone who's losing the plot. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    No, I most certainly was not wrong. He hasn't got a fecking clue.

While Shearer and what passes for the football papers were raving after that 1-0 win over Croatia and how Gareth got the big calls right in that game posters on this board were not convinced by either the England performance or Gareth’s line-up. I think we were proved right as GS made a colossal balls-up of the Scotland game and we were fortunate to take a point. We will probably beat the Czech Republic but it will only mask the shortcomings of this underwhelming team.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    While Shearer and what passes for the football papers were raving after that 1-0 win over Croatia and how Gareth got the big calls right in that game posters on this board were not convinced by either the England performance or Gareth’s line-up. I think we were proved right as GS made a colossal balls-up of the Scotland game and we were fortunate to take a point. We will probably beat the Czech Republic but it will only mask the shortcomings of this underwhelming team.
    The Czech Republic beat Scotland 2-0 and we only luckily scraped a draw with the Scots so how do you figure we will probably beat the Czechs?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    The Czech Republic beat Scotland 2-0 and we only luckily scraped a draw with the Scots so how do you figure we will probably beat the Czechs?
    Probably because we have too!

Going with James and Shaw apparently, at least he's seen the utter folly of playing Tripps on the left, Shaw is a much better attacking option on that side. No problem with him dropping Walker either, he's an accident waiting to happen, but why James and not Tripps on the right ? Trippier is twice the player on the right, so if he's good enough for left-back he must be an absolute shoo in on the right, but no, Gareth puts James in.

I really don't understand how Gareth's brain works. Still, as ever, none of it matters, just win.
    No matter to Southgate sinkov. Post match he was explaining/excusing his side’s lack of experience of big game clashes. Then why drop Tripps who has more feisty derby clashes under his belt than most?

No matter to Southgate sinkov. Post match he was explaining/excusing his side’s lack of experience of big game clashes. Then why drop Tripps who has more feisty derby clashes under his belt than most?
    If James is currently a better option than Trippier at right back, my name is Bob Hope. We certainly have a comedian in charge of our national team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If James is currently a better option than Trippier at right back, my name is Bob Hope. We certainly have a comedian in charge of our national team.
    We should team up and make a film. How about “The Road to Nowhere”? That is where England are heading. Bing x

We should team up and make a film. How about “The Road to Nowhere”? That is where England are heading. Bing x
    Let's go for some macabre horror instead outwood, we will cast Southgate in the role of William Wallace where he gets hung, drawn and quartered, but on the steps of Wembley instead of the Tower of London.

My mate Rod Liddle has Gareth worked out,

"The wonderful Hungarians almost took my mind off England’s lamentable performance last night and the usual stupid, self-serving, excuses from Southgate. England are easily the most boring side in this tournament. It is remarkable how Southgate has sucked the life out of such talented players over the last two or three years. Maybe we should hand out MBEs for any England player who can score. Scotland fought well and won every fifty-fifty ball – but then England consider themselves above fifty-fifty balls. Matt Hancock would be a better England manager than Mr Waistcoat. The team has taken on his mantle of boredom, of passing backwards at every opportunity, of being risk averse, or stifling creativity, of being glacially slow."

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)