+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gareth Southgate-The Ultimate Yes man

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Me too QN, I've said before, if they carry on with this pantomime next season I might go on a match or two just to give them a good booing.

What is really sad is how all the woke brigade think the booing is driven purely and simply by racism. They are just so far up their own backsides they've completely lost touch with the real world ordinary people live in.
    Like I said Sinkov- I know that, you know that and the overwhelming majority of fans know that but it doesn`t suit their agenda to admit that-instead they have to perpetuate the myth that most football fans are booing because we are racist.Like Norder says maybe it should be them we should get rid of.

The latest from GS. We are just going to ignore any adverse reaction and plough on regardless. In other words we are not even going to try to find out why you don’t like the knee taking and plough on regardless. This could start to turn nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    This could start to turn nasty.
    Which is exactly what the vile, racist BLM movement wants, but in the Alice In Wonderland world of woke media and woke millionaire footballers, it's those that oppose and disapprove of the racist aims of BLM who are the racists. Beam me up Scotty.

Why don’t we turn this on its head? Some people are not getting our message (about why we loathe the knee) so having discussed it among ourselves we will continue to boo and just ignore any adverse reaction in the media. Sticking my fingers in my ears now and going naa-naa-naa. If they would only talk to fans but they are not interested!

To my knowledge there is only one Premier League footballer who refuses to take the knee, which is Wilfried Zaha, he says that it does not help to change peoples views on racism, and he has received quite a lot of racist abuse in his career.

I share that view and actually think that it is now having the adverse effect and starting to promote an element of racism on both sides.

I think "taking the knee" was originated from an action by Martin Luther King Jnr. in Selma, Alabama when the man who was probably the greatest civil rights activist of his generation advocated non-violent resistance to segregation and apartheid in the US.

I honestly do not think half of the current England time have ever heard of him, so why are they "taking the knee?"

Attachment 19181

There's a simple solution to my mind, the problem is not the sentiment, it's the kneeling, it's universally acknowledged as a political gesture in support of the BLM movement, and the woke footballers claims that it isn't really are disingenuous. If anyone wanted to make a political point by raising their right arm, they'd be wasting their time trying to claim it had nothing to do do with Fascism, Nazis or Hitler, in the same way trying to pretend that kneeling is not a gesture in support of the BLM political organization isn't going to fly either. Simple solution then, stop taking a knee, but do something instead which every fan can support. Shouldn't be too difficult to come up with something, we put a man on the moon 50 years ago after all.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There's a simple solution to my mind, the problem is not the sentiment, it's the kneeling, it's universally acknowledged as a political gesture in support of the BLM movement, and the woke footballers claims that it isn't really are disingenuous. If anyone wanted to make a political point by raising their right arm, they'd be wasting their time trying to claim it had nothing to do do with Fascism, Nazis or Hitler, in the same way trying to pretend that kneeling is not a gesture in support of the BLM political organization isn't going to fly either. Simple solution then, stop taking a knee, but do something instead which every fan can support. Shouldn't be too difficult to come up with something, we put a man on the moon 50 years ago after all.
    If black males would stop running around London stabbing each other with machetes and knives the BLM movement might receive a bit of sympathy.

The high profile black sports stars like Raheem Sterling and Lewis Hamilton need to condemn black on black violence instead of supporting empty gestures.

Talking the knee my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If black males would stop running around London stabbing each other with machetes and knives the BLM movement might receive a bit of sympathy.

The high profile black sports stars like Raheem Sterling and Lewis Hamilton need to condemn black on black violence instead of supporting empty gestures.

Talking the knee my arse.
    Bloody hell BT

That is the the most profound ( sensible ) statement I ve heard you make in a few years on here, I don’t know if you remember me posting the clip
    Of a woman in America at BLM support rally saying the self same thing , black on black knife crime and murder was far bigger than the racist suggestions of BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Bloody hell BT

That is the the most profound ( sensible ) statement I ve heard you make in a few years on here, I don’t know if you remember me posting the clip
    Of a woman in America at BLM support rally saying the self same thing , black on black knife crime and murder was far bigger than the racist suggestions of BLM.
    Happy to oblige army88. I'm not the left wing numpty you all make me out to be.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)