+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gareth Southgate-The Ultimate Yes man

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    The latest from GS. We are just going to ignore any adverse reaction and plough on regardless. In other words we are not even going to try to find out why you don’t like the knee taking and plough on regardless. This could start to turn nasty.
    Southgate is a numpty outwood. His latest rubbish: “To win tournaments we have to get every aspect of the game right,” Southgate said. “We can improve on all the small details from the performances against Austria and Romania. It’s now one of those rare periods where you get some work with the team, some continuity and we’ll take every opportunity to polish every aspect of our game.”

Someone needs to remind him, you can't polish a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Southgate is a numpty outwood. His latest rubbish: “To win tournaments we have to get every aspect of the game right,” Southgate said. “We can improve on all the small details from the performances against Austria and Romania. It’s now one of those rare periods where you get some work with the team, some continuity and we’ll take every opportunity to polish every aspect of our game.”

Someone needs to remind him, you can't polish a turd.
    Come on BT the teams not that bad , it’s the captain of the ship where the problems lie.

We have some great player s what it comes down to is will they play and will they achieve the potential they have.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Come on BT the teams not that bad , it’s the captain of the ship where the problems lie.

We have some great player s what it comes down to is will they play and will they achieve the potential they have.
    Go on then army88 - name your current England team of great players - right now!

I agree with Army, we do have some very good players, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Kane, Stones, we have two left-backs in Shaw and Chilwell who would get into most international teams, we're spoilt for choice at right-back with Trippier, James and Walker, Pickford, whether you like him or not, has been exceptional playing for England, Maguire, Sterling and Henderson, although I have my own doubts about all three, are rock solid, experienced top level players, there's a whole raft of young black players in the squad who could be anything given the chance. My worry is what Southgate will do with the talent he has available, he's looking to me very much like someone who's losing the plot. Hopefully I'm wrong.

When you have left out 2 players who should on form have been included in your squad-to accommodate two crocks one of whom (Maguire) will probably not be fit enough to get on the pitch at all- fans must surely be worried. That said there is still enough talent in the squad for England to do well. The biggest liability is Southgate. I will as ever be rooting for us all the way as soon as the matches have kicked off.

Go on then army88 - name your current England team of great players - right now!
    Pickford - good shot stopper - distributor
    Stones - McGuire both good centre backs yes they have flaws but don’t most players.
    Shaw , chilwell both great attacking full backs pace and delivery
    Trips ( don’t need to comment )
    Grealish - great player with it all
    In his locker
    Foden ( snake hips ) the next George best if he carries on as he is doing - ( glides past people like they’re not even there ).
    Kane - the best finisher I’ve seen for some time
    Sterling - match changer on his day ( the last tournament we played in if it wasn’t for him we’d have been home a lot sooner ).
    That’s to name but a few BT

I honestly do not think it matters to the powers that be if the team wins.They have their politically correct YES man at the helm and that is more important.They need clever Gareth to educate the racist fans who boo the 50 grand a week pros.AS for the pros-they all have their price in order to cave in to the Marxists.Give me 50 grand a week I would take the knee with the booing all day long.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 08-06-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Pickford - good shot stopper - distributor
    Stones - McGuire both good centre backs yes they have flaws but don’t most players.
    Shaw , chilwell both great attacking full backs pace and delivery
    Trips ( don’t need to comment )
    Grealish - great player with it all
    In his locker
    Foden ( snake hips ) the next George best if he carries on as he is doing - ( glides past people like they’re not even there ).
    Kane - the best finisher I’ve seen for some time
    Sterling - match changer on his day ( the last tournament we played in if it wasn’t for him we’d have been home a lot sooner ).
    That’s to name but a few BT
    Easy option is that army88. Imagine you are picking the team to play Croatia tomorrow, I want you to name the starting eleven from our selection of "great players". You can't, Southgate can't, no-one can, because Southgate has been pi$$ing about for the last two years and we still have no idea what our best starting eleven is.

Easy option is that army88. Imagine you are picking the team to play Croatia tomorrow, I want you to name the starting eleven from our selection of "great players". You can't, Southgate can't, no-one can, because Southgate has been pi$$ing about for the last two years and we still have no idea what our best starting eleven is.
    Southgate says he knows 10 of his 11 starters, of course he does, you can rhyme them off, Rice, Kane, Sterling, Stones, Pickford, Chilwell, Mount, Walker, I expect he'll pick Mings over Coady, James over Tripps, leaving him stroking his chin while he ponders Foden, Grealish or Phillips for the other place.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Southgate says he knows 10 of his 11 starters, of course he does, you can rhyme them off, Rice, Kane, Sterling, Stones, Pickford, Chilwell, Mount, Walker, I expect he'll pick Mings over Coady, James over Tripps, leaving him stroking his chin while he ponders Foden, Grealish or Phillips for the other place.
    Thanks for chipping in on army88's behalf sinkov.

Go on then clever clogs, tell us what formation he intends to play?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)