+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Southgate-The Ultimate Yes man

"glacially slow", that's an insult to glaciers, at least they move forward all the time.

Let's face it, England are only mirroring the way that many PL clubs are playing these days.
    Possession, backwards and sideways passing and a general lack of goals ---that is the modern game ---boring isn't it?

Poland managed more shots on target last night than England had against Scotland. England had 60% possession against Scotland and Poland had just 23% against Spain and both games ended as draws.
    Spain had 85% possession against Sweden and 77% against Poland, they made a trillion passes and have scored 1 goal and fans want England to play like Spain and Gareth's team is coming close!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    My mate Rod Liddle has Gareth worked out,

"The wonderful Hungarians almost took my mind off England’s lamentable performance last night and the usual stupid, self-serving, excuses from Southgate. England are easily the most boring side in this tournament. It is remarkable how Southgate has sucked the life out of such talented players over the last two or three years. Maybe we should hand out MBEs for any England player who can score. Scotland fought well and won every fifty-fifty ball – but then England consider themselves above fifty-fifty balls. Matt Hancock would be a better England manager than Mr Waistcoat. The team has taken on his mantle of boredom, of passing backwards at every opportunity, of being risk averse, or stifling creativity, of being glacially slow."
    “Don’t mention Hungary”. It could almost be a quote from a 14th episode of Fawlty Towers! What is there not to like about a football stadium bursting at the seams and footballers who wear their heart on their sleeves instead of posturing on their knees.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    “Don’t mention Hungary”. It could almost be a quote from a 14th episode of Fawlty Towers! What is there not to like about a football stadium bursting at the seams and footballers who wear their heart on their sleeves instead of posturing on their knees.
    I must admit Outwood, the sight of that packed stadium brought a smile to my face. I just hope they're not all dead within a month, if our 'experts' are to be believed, they will be.

I must admit Outwood, the sight of that packed stadium brought a smile to my face. I just hope they're not all dead within a month, if our 'experts' are to be believed, they will be.
    Only people with Immunity cards are allowed into stadiums.These are only issued to people who have had both jabs or people who have recovered from Covid and have immunity.Our Victor(you know the fascist, homophobe dictator)appears to know what he is doing.

I am rugby mad . Down here at the moment the Six Nations Under 20’s competition is being played here at Cardiff Arms Park(all of it, 3 games every weekend for the next few weeks) They are not releasing any tickets at all for the competition. They would only get about 1-2000 crowds anyway. Yet in the past few weeks both Newport County and Swansea City have been allowed attendances on an extremely limited basis with no away fans . That’s fine by me. Llanelli Scarlets played in front of a very small crowd last week in their final Pro 14 rugby game with Edinburgh.
    So what is the problem and why the inconsistency. I’ve had two jabs and most people have had one if not two. I look at Wembley with 20000 in last week and Ashton Gate even had 6000 for the Hartlepool v Torquay game today.
    This has to be tried out at sometime, and this competition would have been the ideal opportunity on a limited basis. Anyone out there understand my frustration ?!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Only people with Immunity cards are allowed into stadiums.These are only issued to people who have had both jabs or people who have recovered from Covid and have immunity.Our Victor(you know the fascist, homophobe dictator)appears to know what he is doing.
    I've had both jabs CiB, the 2nd one two months ago, but I can't go to the bar in a pub, I can't go on a foreign holiday, I can't go racing, I can't go to a football match, I have to wear a muzzle in shops, supermarkets and restaurants. I really don't know why I put myself at risk by having the jabs, there's no advantage to having them.

I've had both jabs CiB, the 2nd one two months ago, but I can't go to the bar in a pub, I can't go on a foreign holiday, I can't go racing, I can't go to a football match, I have to wear a muzzle in shops, supermarkets and restaurants. I really don't know why I put myself at risk by having the jabs, there's no advantage to having them.
    If the stats are to believed, you're less likely to die when you get it as the vast majority of people who've died recently hadn't been jabbed. We'll all catch some strain or another of it sooner or later so I guess that reducing your chances of popping your clogs when it happens is no bad thing.

I think you had the Astra Zeneca jab sinkov if I recall correctly?

Bad news is that Bruce Springs**** won't allow you into one of his concerts either.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    If the stats are to believed, you're less likely to die when you get it as the vast majority of people who've died recently hadn't been jabbed. We'll all catch some strain or another of it sooner or later so I guess that reducing your chances of popping your clogs when it happens is no bad thing.
    But if I can't go anywhere, have to wear a mask and social distance, I can't catch it anyway can I, so why risk the vaccine ?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)