+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Asylum Seekers - Win In High Court

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    OWV, I think that you are missing the point completely. I don’t think that anyone on here is expressing racist views but unfortunately, what is now referred to as the ‘woke, PC brigade’ do not accept any viewpoint other than their own extreme versions. If you don’t agree with them, you are racist. Of course, that is arrant nonsense. People do not like to be lectured to by a bunch of self appointed moral crusaders and that is generating a backlash. Take the knee bending nonsense, for example, anyone with half a brain would not set up a movement using the same name as an overtly racist, anarchistic movement as ‘Black Lives Matter’. Of course it generates resentment, sadly, the movers and shakers in football are too thick to see that it is counterproductive; maybe they are racist too? As for all the stabbing in this country at the moment, the vast majority are ‘black on black’, which doesn’t make them any less tragic but it does give a hint to why some people hold the views that they do. Then there is the everlasting problem of immigration. I don’t see how anyone can deny that illegal immigration, whether it be to the UK or any other Northern European country, is just not sustainable in the long term. It is no surprise that there is resentment, we are all human and all subject to fears and emotions that are natural to us humans; none of us are perfect and as a species have a natural inclination to what we see as self preservation. Is this cruel, inhuman, racist or whatever? Maybe, but there is no dispute that there are massive social problems that will have to be dealt with and you won’t please all of the people with any solution. It’s a tough old world out there and it isn’t going to get easier. Getting on a high horse and lecturing people how they should behave just won’t work.

Here endeth the sermon!
    So much to get through but thanks for responding. This is where it gets sticky, this isn't a binary subject where people are either racist or they're not and therefore, this rather stereotypical accusation of others being labelled as either racist, or on the other side, the accusers being made out to be on some sort of crusade to lead us all into some Marxist utopia, well, the stereotypes simply don't hold any weight.

There is however, an undoubted inference of obnoxious superiority when it comes to discussing these topics, that is directed at the immigrants/asylum seekers themselves. "Send them back to where they came from", "they should be grateful to breathe the same air as us" etc etc. People blame them for the issues within the system, and conveniently ignore the reasons why the system is as it is.
    There wouldn't be asylum issues without corrupt governments, war for profit etc etc. Yet its the normal, average Joe's who always suffer. Is it really their fault for wanting to leave a bombed out Syrian Town in search of a better life? Wouldn't everyone here do the same? Who are we to deny them the chance? It all comes down to greed. And then people frame it around Brexit! Utter nonsense! All people have to do is jump online and see for themselves.

Also, in a previous post, there was an issue with being in a 5% minority in Lye. Why mention that unless he didn't feel comfortable? There's s a clear inference being made there. Otherwise, why mention it like I say?

I'm from West Bromwich, which has long been a diverse area and I've loved growing up around different cultures. That's probably influenced my views on tolerance and accepting that everyone is equal no matter their background and we all deserve a fair crack. It's just by fluke that we've been born into comparative luxury with more life chances than others. Does that mean that people in Yemen for instance can't help themselves without us? No of course not, but it does mean that there's nothing wrong with sharing when others do need help and it starts with showing a little bit of empathy.

As for taking the knee, I'm undecided whether it should be scrapped as it brings out knuckle dragging morons who boo it as they're scared of a creeping Marxist threat (they probably know more about Richard Marx than Karl) despite as I said before, them living in the most comfortable Tory government there's been in years. It's laughable. Or on the other hand, to battle on through and keep taking the knee. Ultimately all BLM is about is highlighting the differences in our society. I'm not sure what's wrong with that? You mentioned the Black on black crime, which I don't think shows much thought to be honest with you. It's a bit of cliché. Really, that's about equality of opportunity, socio-economics and how the modern society revolves around the paper chase. It's not as simple as "why should black lives matter when they're killing each other?". I've only very briefly touched on that as I've already posted enough and appreciate that we won't agree on this matter anyway so ultimately what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by OWV View Post
    So much to get through but thanks for responding. This is where it gets sticky, this isn't a binary subject where people are either racist or they're not and therefore, this rather stereotypical accusation of others being labelled as either racist, or on the other side, the accusers being made out to be on some sort of crusade to lead us all into some Marxist utopia, well, the stereotypes simply don't hold any weight.

There is however, an undoubted inference of obnoxious superiority when it comes to discussing these topics, that is directed at the immigrants/asylum seekers themselves. "Send them back to where they came from", "they should be grateful to breathe the same air as us" etc etc. People blame them for the issues within the system, and conveniently ignore the reasons why the system is as it is.
    There wouldn't be asylum issues without corrupt governments, war for profit etc etc. Yet its the normal, average Joe's who always suffer. Is it really their fault for wanting to leave a bombed out Syrian Town in search of a better life? Wouldn't everyone here do the same? Who are we to deny them the chance? It all comes down to greed. And then people frame it around Brexit! Utter nonsense! All people have to do is jump online and see for themselves.

Also, in a previous post, there was an issue with being in a 5% minority in Lye. Why mention that unless he didn't feel comfortable? There's s a clear inference being made there. Otherwise, why mention it like I say?

I'm from West Bromwich, which has long been a diverse area and I've loved growing up around different cultures. That's probably influenced my views on tolerance and accepting that everyone is equal no matter their background and we all deserve a fair crack. It's just by fluke that we've been born into comparative luxury with more life chances than others. Does that mean that people in Yemen for instance can't help themselves without us? No of course not, but it does mean that there's nothing wrong with sharing when others do need help and it starts with showing a little bit of empathy.

As for taking the knee, I'm undecided whether it should be scrapped as it brings out knuckle dragging morons who boo it as they're scared of a creeping Marxist threat (they probably know more about Richard Marx than Karl) despite as I said before, them living in the most comfortable Tory government there's been in years. It's laughable. Or on the other hand, to battle on through and keep taking the knee. Ultimately all BLM is about is highlighting the differences in our society. I'm not sure what's wrong with that? You mentioned the Black on black crime, which I don't think shows much thought to be honest with you. It's a bit of cliché. Really, that's about equality of opportunity, socio-economics and how the modern society revolves around the paper chase. It's not as simple as "why should black lives matter when they're killing each other?". I've only very briefly touched on that as I've already posted enough and appreciate that we won't agree on this matter anyway so ultimately what's the point?

You go on about why wouldn’t the Syrians want a better life which is understandable but:

Should issues not be addressed for those firstly living in poverty in this country and live in worse conditions than these barracks? Don’t kids in this country deserve a hot meal each day before looking to help illegals or is Rashford doing everything for the fun of it!

You mentioned that tragic murder of the black boy so what point was you trying to make? The white university lad out on a night in Birmingham was equally as tragic - you fail to respond to that!

Floyd was absolutely tragic but we shouldn’t forget he was a drug dealing thug!

Many go on about - I don’t see me as a CEO of a company blah blah blah and lack of opportunities. Look at two talented individuals like Patel and Rishi - perhaps they are where they are through hard work whilst many are lazy as depicted by the reference to Lye. Many Asians are very educated, work damn hard and deserve their success - why are other ethnicities not taking a leaf out of their book.

Many of the problems of today are caused by white snowflakes who think they can speak for others!

I caught a glimpse of the headline in the E&S yesterday, more green belt will have to be opened up for development.
    I wonder why that is?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You go on about why wouldn’t the Syrians want a better life which is understandable but:

Should issues not be addressed for those firstly living in poverty in this country and live in worse conditions than these barracks? Don’t kids in this country deserve a hot meal each day before looking to help illegals or is Rashford doing everything for the fun of it!

You mentioned that tragic murder of the black boy so what point was you trying to make? The white university lad out on a night in Birmingham was equally as tragic - you fail to respond to that!

Floyd was absolutely tragic but we shouldn’t forget he was a drug dealing thug!

Many go on about - I don’t see me as a CEO of a company blah blah blah and lack of opportunities. Look at two talented individuals like Patel and Rishi - perhaps they are where they are through hard work whilst many are lazy as depicted by the reference to Lye. Many Asians are very educated, work damn hard and deserve their success - why are other ethnicities not taking a leaf out of their book.

Many of the problems of today are caused by white snowflakes who think they can speak for others!
    Wow so basically you're implying George Floyd deserved it then? That's the only conclusion that can be made from your bizarre justification. If not, what possible explanation can you have for mentioning him being a "drug dealing thug"? FYI, he was arrested on suspicion of purchasing fags with a counterfeit $20 bill, not for drug dealing or any aspect of "thuggery". In your world however, his murder was justified though eh?

As for the guy in Brum city centre who went on a stabbing spree, I didn't address it as I didn't see your comments on it. Is that okay with you? Or are you clinging onto my oversight as some sort of victory? As it is, I'll address it, can you tell me if it was racially motivated? The lad in Kingstanding was racially abused before he was stabbed.

In regards to the classic snowflake line, as I keep saying, the country is run by a comfortable Tory government. If your on the right of the political spectrum, what's to be mad at? You tell me who the snowflakes are when people on here are complaining ning about rubbish on the streets of Lye and immigrants winning a course case? A court case by the way, none of us were present at and had no part in, but everyone's an expert huh?

Finally, Patel and Sunak have reached the highest levels of government. The fact that you can name two (I'll throw in Javid and Zahawi for your sake to make 4), really shows there's still an issue. It's hardly a ringing endorsement for your point. The facts are, powerful positions in society are still overwhelmingly white and male. And who are the people complaining about others wanting more equality? Correct, overwhelmingly white and male. So what are you scared of? Can you tell me what 'other ethnicities' you refer to by the way? Which ones need to take a leaf out of the successful Asians book?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I caught a glimpse of the headline in the E&S yesterday, more green belt will have to be opened up for development.
    I wonder why that is?
    Maybe because the global population has exploded over the last century or so?

Wow this is a tough subject Al, but I fear that you and the majority of fans on here (and me as well by the way because I totally agree), are just banging our heads against the wall.
    Do gooders as we call them are just making things worse, by adding to the problems and offering absolutely no helpful solutions.

Somebody mentioned Enoch in another thread, but it's like we're racist to even quote his views on this subject or even mention his name anymore!.

Wow so basically you're implying George Floyd deserved it then? That's the only conclusion that can be made from your bizarre justification. If not, what possible explanation can you have for mentioning him being a "drug dealing thug"? FYI, he was arrested on suspicion of purchasing fags with a counterfeit $20 bill, not for drug dealing or any aspect of "thuggery". In your world however, his murder was justified though eh?

As for the guy in Brum city centre who went on a stabbing spree, I didn't address it as I didn't see your comments on it. Is that okay with you? Or are you clinging onto my oversight as some sort of victory? As it is, I'll address it, can you tell me if it was racially motivated? The lad in Kingstanding was racially abused before he was stabbed.

In regards to the classic snowflake line, as I keep saying, the country is run by a comfortable Tory government. If your on the right of the political spectrum, what's to be mad at? You tell me who the snowflakes are when people on here are complaining ning about rubbish on the streets of Lye and immigrants winning a course case? A court case by the way, none of us were present at and had no part in, but everyone's an expert huh?

Finally, Patel and Sunak have reached the highest levels of government. The fact that you can name two (I'll throw in Javid and Zahawi for your sake to make 4), really shows there's still an issue. It's hardly a ringing endorsement for your point. The facts are, powerful positions in society are still overwhelmingly white and male. And who are the people complaining about others wanting more equality? Correct, overwhelmingly white and male. So what are you scared of? Can you tell me what 'other ethnicities' you refer to by the way? Which ones need to take a leaf out of the successful Asians book?

I feel you know the answer to my points but are provoking an argument for the sake of it! I don't know if the murder of the lad in Brum was racially motivated but suspect if it was the other way around - yes everybody would say it was! What about Khan the nutter on London Bridge - that was planned and for the record he deserved more than then 20 shots pumped into him!

Why have those mentioned reached the highest levels of Government. I can see Rishi odds on to be the next PM - he's that talented. Harris who is a sharp cookie will be the next President of the US too as Biden's far too old!

Many are making Floyd to be some kind of martyr. He was not - did he not serve a five year stretch and pointed a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach! So for me the 14 year old lad in Brum and the lad from university out on the town were more tragic deaths as they were genuinely nice people. Nobody deserves to die though apart from the likes of Khan or that deranged killer who butchered Lee Rigby and they can rot in hell!

Too many snow flakes in this country! Patel who I like even detests illegals coming here!

Sadiq Khan wanted to light up the Cenotaph in honour of George Floyd. What he forgets is that this memorial was set up for heroes. George Floyd certainly doesn't come into this category!

Maybe because the global population has exploded over the last century or so?
    Or maybe it's because we let people with high birth rates into our tiny island.
    Depends on which side of the fence you are sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Wow this is a tough subject Al, but I fear that you and the majority of fans on here (and me as well by the way because I totally agree), are just banging our heads against the wall.
    Do gooders as we call them are just making things worse, by adding to the problems and offering absolutely no helpful solutions.

Somebody mentioned Enoch in another thread, but it's like we're racist to even quote his views on this subject or even mention his name anymore!.
    And what solutions do you have? Let's hear them if you're accusing people such as myself as not having any. Also, what's wrong with doing good exactly? Would you like us to do bad instead?

As for Enoch Powell, if you can't appreciate the divisiveness of comments such as "the Black man will have the whip hand over the white man", or comprehend the emotions it flares up then you need to educate yourself.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)