+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Asylum Seekers - Win In High Court

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Or maybe it's because we let people with high birth rates into our tiny island.
    Depends on which side of the fence you are sitting.
    People with high birth rates? Are you serious? Who are these people exactly? And what would you say about the English family who have 22 kids? You know, the ones who pop up on Channel 5 every time they have another. You've got some odd logic if you think we're building whole new estates to house massive families solely from abroad. Even if it were true, people on here were moaning about immigrants not integrating, I guess that's hard when they're being housed in their own estates with each other.

I guess that it’s a case of people wanting to live their lives in different ways and those different ways are not always compatible. How do you decide who is right and who is wrong? More to the point, who should decide who is right or wrong? We are supposed to be in a free country and have a right to our opinions; we will never all agree. Immigration is a serious long term issue that in time may well lead to conflict. As parts of the World become more difficult to live in, owing to population growth and, more critically, climate change, there will be an inevitable migration of pesto Northern countries. Maybe in the not too distant future, the numbers moving North out of Africa, for example, will be far in excess of what European countries can sustain. What happens then? However compassionate we might wish to be, there will be limits. Humans are using up the Earth’s resources too quickly and I haven’t heard any suggestions from anywhere that even begin to find a solution. Hard choices lie ahead and I expect that humans will do what all other species do, they will seek to protect their own societies. This is not intended to be a political statement but a look at reality.
    Last edited by kettering_baggie; 05-06-2021 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Weird predictive text again!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I feel you know the answer to my points but are provoking an argument for the sake of it! I don't know if the murder of the lad in Brum was racially motivated but suspect if it was the other way around - yes everybody would say it was! What about Khan the nutter on London Bridge - that was planned and for the record he deserved more than then 20 shots pumped into him!

Why have those mentioned reached the highest levels of Government. I can see Rishi odds on to be the next PM - he's that talented. Harris who is a sharp cookie will be the next President of the US too as Biden's far too old!

Many are making Floyd to be some kind of martyr. He was not - did he not serve a five year stretch and pointed a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach! So for me the 14 year old lad in Brum and the lad from university out on the town were more tragic deaths as they were genuinely nice people. Nobody deserves to die though apart from the likes of Khan or that deranged killer who butchered Lee Rigby and they can rot in hell!

Too many snow flakes in this country! Patel who I like even detests illegals coming here!
    Believe me I'm not trying provoke you, I'm addressing comments that show a surface level of comprehension of a topic, which highlights just how little understanding yourself and others have of it. I'm certainly not doing it for the sake of it either, I'm challenging Ignorance. The fact you've attempted to justify George Floyd's murder by a serving police officer is utterly absurd. I'd laugh if it wasn't so tragic. Take the alleged martyrdom out of it, the man himself had nothing to do with the reaction after his death, and I'll ask you this, do you think what happened to Floyd was acceptable? Simple as that, if your answer is no, then why did you attempt to justify it by questioning his character? If your answer is yes then you have problems.

I'm not even calling you a racist but I will call you ignorant.

Here's a case in point, remember Big Ron called Marcel Desailly a 'lazy n****r'? Well, do I think Big Ron is racist? No, do I think he was ignorant? Yes. If you believe that there's a difference between ethnicities that makes one superior to another then you're a racist, if you actively pursue a cause to highlight the superiority, you're a racist. If you make one comment in your life that is racist, but you don't believe in a difference between ethnicities, then you're not racist, you're just ignorant until educated otherwise.

And just for clarity, the reason why you need educating is because you brought the case of a nutter going on a stabbing spree, to this argument in a racial context and you've just admitted you didn't know if it was racially motivated or not. All you have to do is a the tiniest amount of research to justify an argument but you didn't even bother. Instead you speculate and seemingly take your speculation without authority, as being way it is.

The bloke on London Bridge? He was a terrorist, a brainwashed terrorist. But what have the vast majority of peaceful immigrants got to do with him? Is every white man a Jimmy Saville?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I guess that it’s a case of people wanting to live their lives in different ways and those different ways are not always compatible. How do you decide who is right and who is wrong? More to the point, who should decide who is right or wrong? We are supposed to be in a free country and have a right to our opinions; we will never all agree. Immigration is a serious long term issue that in time may well lead to conflict. As parts of the World become more difficult to live in, owing to population growth and, more critically, climate change, there will be an inevitable migration of pesto Northern countries. Maybe in the not too distant future, the numbers moving North out of Africa, for example, will be far in excess of what European countries can sustain. What happens then? However compassionate we might wish to be, there will be limits. Humans are using up the Earth’s resources too quickly and I haven’t heard any suggestions from anywhere that even begin to find a solution. Hard choices lie ahead and I expect that humans will do what all other species do, they will seek to protect their own societies. This is not intended to be a political statement but a look at reality.
    Yes agreed, good points made there.

Quote Originally Posted by OWV View Post
    Believe me I'm not trying provoke you, I'm addressing comments that show a surface level of comprehension of a topic, which highlights just how little understanding yourself and others have of it. I'm certainly not doing it for the sake of it either, I'm challenging Ignorance. The fact you've attempted to justify George Floyd's murder by a serving police officer is utterly absurd. I'd laugh if it wasn't so tragic. Take the alleged martyrdom out of it, the man himself had nothing to do with the reaction after his death, and I'll ask you this, do you think what happened to Floyd was acceptable? Simple as that, if your answer is no, then why did you attempt to justify it by questioning his character? If your answer is yes then you have problems.

Here's a case in point, remember Big Ron called Marcel Desailly a 'lazy n****r'? Well, do I think Big Ron is racist? No, do I think he was ignorant? Yes. If you believe that there's a difference between ethnicities that makes one superior to another then you're a racist, if you actively pursue a cause to highlight the superiority, you're a racist. If you make one comment in your life that is racist, but you don't believe in a difference between ethnicities, then you're not racist, you're just ignorant until educated otherwise.

And just for clarity, the reason why you need educating is because you brought the case of a nutter going on a stabbing spree, to this argument in a racial context and you've just admitted you didn't know if it was racially motivated or not. All you have to do is a the tiniest amount of research to justify an argument but you didn't even bother. Instead you speculate and seemingly take your speculation without authority, as being way it is.

The bloke on London Bridge? He was a terrorist, a brainwashed terrorist. But what have the vast majority of peaceful immigrants got to do with him? Is every white man a Jimmy Saville?

You are changing the context of the thread! I thought the murder of Floyd was disgusting and that officer should be locked up for life! The murder of two innocent kids was worse! Why? Because they had done nothing to nobody and had no criminal record. That said any killing us bad except for taking out a terrorist who deserve it!

Did I say the London Bridge had anything to do with illegals? No! It still does not change the fact many who come into the country do so illegally! Those that come in by dinghies should be fed - given first aid and then dropped off to the place of entry ie France in most cases!!

Priti Patel wants to get tough on illegals and I applaud her for this! I still say ( you fail to answer ) many in this country live in worse conditions than those who were in the barracks and can’t afford to eat! Charity begins at home first which is why I donate a lot to Charities like Cancer Research where many are awaiting life saving operations for 18 months!!! Is this right?

Snowflakes complain about foreign aid being cut but I am more concerned about list education for our kids and a pathetic £50 per child forwarded by our government. I also know a person who has been awaiting cancer treatment for almost a year and gone past the point of help now! Like I have said - we need to sort out what’s wrong with our system as priority!

In an ideal world - I would love to help everyone but we don’t live in that world! Maybe people like Bill Gates should donate many millions rather than keep moaning

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You are changing the context of the thread! I thought the murder of Floyd was disgusting and that officer should be locked up for life! The murder of two innocent kids was worse! Why? Because they had done nothing to nobody and had no criminal record. That said any killing us bad except for taking out a terrorist who deserve it!

Did I say the London Bridge had anything to do with illegals? No! It still does not change the fact many who come into the country do so illegally! Those that come in by dinghies should be fed - given first aid and then dropped off to the place of entry ie France in most cases!!

Priti Patel wants to get tough on illegals and I applaud her for this! I still say ( you fail to answer ) many in this country live in worse conditions than those who were in the barracks and can’t afford to eat! Charity begins at home first which is why I donate a lot to Charities like Cancer Research where many are awaiting life saving operations for 18 months!!! Is this right?

Snowflakes complain about foreign aid being cut but I am more concerned about list education for our kids and a pathetic £50 per child forwarded by our government. I also know a person who has been awaiting cancer treatment for almost a year and gone past the point of help now! Like I have said - we need to sort out what’s wrong with our system as priority!

In an ideal world - I would love to help everyone but we don’t live in that world! Maybe people like Bill Gates should donate many millions rather than keep moaning
    Well perhaps there'd be more money in the pot if the banks didn't cause the GFC in 2008. That wasn't immigrants.

Or maybe if the government didn't invest billions in the Iraq war. That wasn't immigrants, but it sure created them. Not hard to fathom is it?

Or maybe if the government bothered to chase tax avoiding corporations for their responsibilities. That's not immigrants. In fact just to make you aware, a report in 2019 found the UK was the biggest enabler of tax evasion for large corporations......not immigrants.

I could go on but I would imagine you get the point I'm making by now. Basically, the money is and has always been there to 'help our own', but successive governments haven't bothered. So is that snowflakery? Or is it the cold hard truth? While you and your ilk stay busy moaning about Mohammed bringing his family on a dinghy without a penny to his name, trying to flee his bombed out home, the real criminals get away scott free.

As for health, take a look at any hospital and you'll see foreign nurses and doctors. But rather than focus on the positive aspects immigration has bought to this country, people as ever, love to be negative, they excel in it in fact, content in their negativity and hostility. What a waste of energy, what a waste of spending your luxurious life. Just because you don't want Mo to have a slice of your pie. Well, while we all sleep well at night, in a peaceful country, hundreds of thousands of people from Aleppo to Sana'a don't know if they'll be waking up in the morning. What a hideous mindset. Absolutely no empathy whatsoever.

And before you go there, yes I know there are bad apples, but there are in every section of society.

By the way, I haven't changed the context of this thread, it's progressively gone this way as I've challenged you. You've now backtracked on the George Floyd comments you made earlier, no doubt as you realised you implied he deserved to die....."but don't forget he was drug dealing thug", you said. Horrible stuff that displays a base level of understanding and empathy.

As for the immigrants, so you send them back to France and then what? What happens next? They become France's problem and that's it? Are you really that incapable of foresight? Have you no comprehension of the difficulties that can lead to? But then again, not your problem right?

And finally, if you want me to address Priti Patel I will, if it makes you happy. Tell you what, I'll address her if you my points above.

And what solutions do you have? Let's hear them if you're accusing people such as myself as not having any. Also, what's wrong with doing good exactly? Would you like us to do bad instead?

As for Enoch Powell, if you can't appreciate the divisiveness of comments such as "the Black man will have the whip hand over the white man", or comprehend the emotions it flares up then you need to educate yourself.
    Enoch never said those words, it was said by a person who approached him on the street in Wolverhampton where he was MP.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Enoch never said those words, it was said by a person who approached him on the street in Wolverhampton where he was MP.
    Correct, and what politician in their right mind would use that to legitimise their concerns?

George Floyd didn’t deserve to die at the hands of a cop , but the world shouldn’t turn the guy into a saint because he was a drug dealer and was shy of a little domestic violence.
    Turns out the lad that was stabbed in kingstanding wasn’t the little angel that’s been portrayed, the lads mother said “he went out to play” well it turns out he got stabbed with his own knife , after he had held the son of the murder at knife point trying to rob him , how angelic , oh and previously he was part of a group that stabbed another lad 10 times , obviously this is social media talk and could be bs but I’ve seen a pic of him holding a very big knife. Murdering father is still a murdering idiot , there’s no excuse to take another persons life , but we would all stick up for our children...wouldn’t we ?

Well perhaps there'd be more money in the pot if the banks didn't cause the GFC in 2008. That wasn't immigrants.

Or maybe if the government didn't invest billions in the Iraq war. That wasn't immigrants, but it sure created them. Not hard to fathom is it?

Or maybe if the government bothered to chase tax avoiding corporations for their responsibilities. That's not immigrants. In fact just to make you aware, a report in 2019 found the UK was the biggest enabler of tax evasion for large corporations......not immigrants.

I could go on but I would imagine you get the point I'm making by now. Basically, the money is and has always been there to 'help our own', but successive governments haven't bothered. So is that snowflakery? Or is it the cold hard truth? While you and your ilk stay busy moaning about Mohammed bringing his family on a dinghy without a penny to his name, trying to flee his bombed out home, the real criminals get away scott free.

As for health, take a look at any hospital and you'll see foreign nurses and doctors. But rather than focus on the positive aspects immigration has bought to this country, people as ever, love to be negative, they excel in it in fact, content in their negativity and hostility. What a waste of energy, what a waste of spending your luxurious life. Just because you don't want Mo to have a slice of your pie. Well, while we all sleep well at night, in a peaceful country, hundreds of thousands of people from Aleppo to Sana'a don't know if they'll be waking up in the morning. What a hideous mindset. Absolutely no empathy whatsoever.

And before you go there, yes I know there are bad apples, but there are in every section of society.

By the way, I haven't changed the context of this thread, it's progressively gone this way as I've challenged you. You've now backtracked on the George Floyd comments you made earlier, no doubt as you realised you implied he deserved to die....."but don't forget he was drug dealing thug", you said. Horrible stuff that displays a base level of understanding and empathy.

As for the immigrants, so you send them back to France and then what? What happens next? They become France's problem and that's it? Are you really that incapable of foresight? Have you no comprehension of the difficulties that can lead to? But then again, not your problem right?

And finally, if you want me to address Priti Patel I will, if it makes you happy. Tell you what, I'll address her if you my points above.

Read the threads before you go off on a tangent. You are going on about immigration with hospital staff! Who the f uck said anything negative about legal immigration which some professional skills are sought after in every country. I would be the first to say LEGAL skilled medics who are legal immigrants are needed and have done previously!

The thread was about illegal immigration and ayslum seekers. I do take it you know the difference!! I have not even back tracked on the George Floyd comments as nobody deserves to die unless they are a terrorist or take another persons life. Many would have shed far more tears for the uni lad hacked to death in Birmingham who was a genuinely nice person than a dangerous druggie - that’s the point. Another poster has commented on the 14 year old lad which I was not aware of these circumstances but yes it’s still tragic!

Boris needs to get a grip with all these illegal dinghies that arrive which should be turned around and sent back to France. Then it becomes France’s problem if that country was not the first point of entry. As a country we sadly have enough problems of our own! Do you think Australia have an open door policy?

Charity does begin at home. I know some elderly who would love to live in those warm barracks - and hey what must be going through their minds when they have paid into the system for all those years.

There should be no such thing as a free lunch but hey that appears to apply to those entering the country illegally.

Sadly illegals are like bees around honey!! The more the word gets back of all the freebies and being allowed to stay - more want to come!

Before you get on your snowflake horse - most genuine citizens regardless of colour or ***ual orientation would object to illegals flooding into the country with tax payers money being wasted on court cases by greedy lawyers who are aware of relevant loop holes in the system! Patel is at least trying desperately to do something about it but Boris needs to grow a pair!
    Last edited by baggieal; 06-06-2021 at 06:36 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)