+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Euros thread

It will be sung in the country that gifted us The Cockney and Indian strains,FACT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32wD...el=BaccaraVEVO

The original singers of course will be banned from performing cos they are EU citizens FACT.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 04-06-2021 at 12:40 AM.

Scotland's song for Euro 96,i had tickets v The Dutch and the English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqU0...sunonthewindow

Our fans were truly brilliant at Villa park and Wembley.

It does make a change from the stories coming out of Tannadice Stokie Boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb8A...dReSSediNdEcAy

Thanks for the original post mate as its given the Boat a licence to kill,FACT.

My assesment of squads -

France - best strength, depth and talent, but descamps ultimate Conservative coach, Like playing with handbreak on, which disapointing gives the talent available to them.

Germany - tough group, on downward Curve, gone stale, manager should have moved on.

Dutch - lack goals

Belgium - hope they win, great football, strong squad

Portugal - terrible last Euros, think they won one Game in 90 mins, still won tournament. Some cracking talent this time, Def can win if they get out group.

Italy - think they will do Well, maybe semis, mancini picked them up after missing last wc, willl be keen to make their mark

Spain - not sure, technically Superb, but no wc strikers, been pretty underwhelming since they piggbacked on Barcelona iniesta/Xavi Magić. Quarters

England - home advantage gives them a chance of Getting far

Scotland - have a chance of Getting to second round, lot Riding on first Game against czechs though

For me....

The faves
    France and Belgium probably have the best squads. Best overall Balance within the squad.

Will be there or there abouts.
    Portugal- Good Squad and managed to win it before so you never know.
    Spain- Not lived up to their glory spell 08/10/12 and struggled since. Think they will get far this time.
    Germany- too many writing them off. Never rule out the germans.
    England- Good attack but poor defence. Will probably get far but will struggle against better team

Outsiders
    Holland and Italy- think these two will be glad to be at the competitions again after failing to make Russia. Their squads don't look as good as previous squads but reckon they could be decent enough. Both have a decent looking groups.

Dark horses
    Croatia, Denmark, Switzerland. All capable of getting to the knock out rounds. With a bit of luck who knows.

Scotland?
    Maybe sneak through the group but can't see us getting very far tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    My assesment of squads -

France - best strength, depth and talent, but descamps ultimate Conservative coach, Like playing with handbreak on, which disapointing gives the talent available to them.

Germany - tough group, on downward Curve, gone stale, manager should have moved on.

Dutch - lack goals

Belgium - hope they win, great football, strong squad

Portugal - terrible last Euros, think they won one Game in 90 mins, still won tournament. Some cracking talent this time, Def can win if they get out group.

Italy - think they will do Well, maybe semis, mancini picked them up after missing last wc, willl be keen to make their mark

Spain - not sure, technically Superb, but no wc strikers, been pretty underwhelming since they piggbacked on Barcelona iniesta/Xavi Magić. Quarters

England - home advantage gives them a chance of Getting far

Scotland - have a chance of Getting to second round, lot Riding on first Game against czechs though
    A very good assessment. Agree about Spain, a side in transition. Don't know much about Italy. As you say, be good to see France take that handbrake off.

A side I've always felt a bit underrated is Denmark. Not saying they can go far but in this tournament I don't see a nailed on winner.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the group games plan out just to get a better idea of strengths and weaknesses.

despite my lack of interest in national team i did watch the dutch game. Lots of supposed 2nd choices in there. well that bodes well as some of them were exceptional. Isnt armstrong a regular? if not why not he was good. Adams i like as i like dykes. Hendry ex dee looks a total class player if i take my shed shades off for a minute. win that first game and yes we could get into 2nd round. That would be exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    despite my lack of interest in national team i did watch the dutch game. Lots of supposed 2nd choices in there. well that bodes well as some of them were exceptional. Isnt armstrong a regular? if not why not he was good. Adams i like as i like dykes. Hendry ex dee looks a total class player if i take my shed shades off for a minute. win that first game and yes we could get into 2nd round. That would be exceptional.
    The problem Stuart Armstrong had previously was a tendency to sometimes fade out of games, but in the last year he's got fitter, better, and being a regular starter at Southampton has really improved his confidence. (I think he lacked a bit of confidence when he first got selected for Scotland)
    He's the type of player any side needs. A great engine, excellent temperament.
    He'll cover defensive space, pick up loose balls, play it away, move into space, take it again and look to create. Rarely plays a bad pass. Also carries an attacking threat.

I'm not sure about Hendry. I thought we'd solved that problem with Gallacher but either something's gone on there or the manager just sees something better in Hendry.
    He took his goal really well against the Dutch but was at fault for at least two of the goals in recent matches. Given he's started the last two games it looks like he's a starter v the Czechs. Personally I think he would be a liability at Wembley, I'd have Gallacher in there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    The problem Stuart Armstrong had previously was a tendency to sometimes fade out of games, but in the last year he's got fitter, better, and being a regular starter at Southampton has really improved his confidence. (I think he lacked a bit of confidence when he first got selected for Scotland)
    He's the type of player any side needs. A great engine, excellent temperament.
    He'll cover defensive space, pick up loose balls, play it away, move into space, take it again and look to create. Rarely plays a bad pass. Also carries an attacking threat.

I'm not sure about Hendry. I thought we'd solved that problem with Gallacher but either something's gone on there or the manager just sees something better in Hendry.
    He took his goal really well against the Dutch but was at fault for at least two of the goals in recent matches. Given he's started the last two games it looks like he's a starter v the Czechs. Personally I think he would be a liability at Wembley, I'd have Gallacher in there instead.
    thanks for that Stoke - i was serious that i had simply not watched scotland very much. I think hendry is an understudy and if needed looked decent.

I dont think hendry will start but who knows eh!

we have some good players Nisbet scored well there so happy for him to come off bench when required. Just dont think he is the finished article and from what i hear his head is full of being ballon D'or next season

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)