+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: The Euros thread

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    I think Nisbet is the more natural goal scorer then either of the two. As someone says LG if fit, would have scored at least a couple of those chances. But my tangerine coloured bins' still say that Shankland should have been in that squad. His link up play and ability to carve a chance out of nothing is far better than Dykes or Adams; accepting he like Griffiths was not firing on all cylinders at time of selection but no less so than some of the other picks.

Another point is that whilst I applaud the introduction of the younger players, not before time. Gilmour is getting all the plaudits and possibly rightly so; but he is no Modric or a younger Pandev and I believe Scotland have always lacked that inventiveness, possibly aside from Baxter; who was possibly classed as an entertainer but surely borne out of 'technical ability.'
    On the Gilmour comment...... He's absolutely not a Modric right now, but let's not forget he's a 20 year old kid with only 11 professional games under his belt. He just turned in a man of the match performance against England at the Euros. He could quite easily be a Modric in years to come.

Loads of positives to take going forward. Disappointing last night but was a tough ask against a good team. A better midfield 3 is hard to find than their 3. Amazing amount of experience in their camp too and that is what we lack. Bit naive in the first and third games for me but ultimately a really good foundation to build on.

Endeavour and work rate will get you so far (typified by John McGinn) but guile and technical ability needs to come with it. We have a cohort of young players, Gilmour the stand out example, who can bring this and are more suited to International Football than others before them.

Off to book my flights for Euro 2024

Quote Originally Posted by no1arabbelfast View Post
    Ah well, at least we scored.
    Apologies for being a bit over the top with you last night, I was pretty hyped up. Can take the negativity after a bad result just fine but not during it.

Think last night showed that we are still a bit behind these teams technically, the Croatia we played last night are a good side but they froze against England just as much as we froze last night. I don't blame the players or the guy picking the team we just came up against a team that were excellent on the night and we just couldn't get the ball off of them but we showed in the 3 games and the 2 friendlies v Holland & Austria that we have the makings of a decent side.

I'm not so sure Whitfield. In the cold light of day I'm looking at our progress or lack of it. We only qualified for Euro 2020 by the back door and our recent record shows a single competitive win out of 9 (Faroes). Not great.

Do you Jockytastic Scotch fans want a website or a store, where you can go and buy or steal all your Germany attire, as your obviously supporting them in the next round ?.

Ohh well ehh, lets see what happens when we/England play Germany on Tuesday. It might even goto penalties again, which Im dreading the thought of!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Do you Jockytastic Scotch fans want a website or a store, where you can go and buy or steal all your Germany attire, as your obviously supporting them in the next round ?.

Ohh well ehh, lets see what happens when we/England play Germany on Tuesday. It might even goto penalties again, which Im dreading the thought of!!.
    Nah, it's OK I already have an iconic 1990 West Germany top from Italia 90 that will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Nah, it's OK I already have an iconic 1990 West Germany top from Italia 90 that will do just fine.
    Yes Im sure you do McTerry kid, and I bet you nicked it didn't you, because you are Scotch after all ehh.

And I also have a similar shirt from 1990 by the way, which says MacCosta MacRica, and Macdefeatandembarrassment.
    Mac hahahahh ehh, to you Dundee navy blue wannabes.
    Last edited by Acido; 24-06-2021 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes Im sure you do Terry kid, and I bet you nicked it didn't you, because you are Scotch after all ehh.
    Funnily enough, no. To be fair, the biggest miracle is it still fits.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Funnily enough, no. To be fair, the biggest miracle is it still fits.
    Aww now I know wot your on abaart Terry kid, cos Im struggling to fit into my clothes as well these days.

Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)