+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: The Euros thread

A side written off by every English fan and pundit. Paul Robinson said 4-0, Rio said Scotland have no quality so 2-0, the list goes on. We were subjected to thousands of re runs of Gazzers goal and predictions of a thumping for days on end.

So to go to Wembley, play well, outplay the overhyped England for most of the game and keep ourselves alive in the group, aye a bit of a celebration.

As Graeme Souness said football ain't coming home.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Morning Acido ��
    Not a bad result for a pub team. And Scotland were decent too ��
    Hey up Stokie. Hey I know we were shoite, theres no two ways about it and Im trying my best to deflect that at the moment lol.

But we/Barnsley have signed Devante Cole this week from the mighty Motherwell, Im so excited... NOT.
    Soz lads for being so sarcastic this time on a Sundy morning. When we all should be relaxing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey up Stokie. Hey I know we were shoite, theres no two ways about it and Im trying my best to deflect that at the moment lol.

But we/Barnsley have signed Devante Cole this week from the mighty Motherwell, Im so excited... NOT.
    Soz lads for being so sarcastic this time on a Sundy morning. When we all should be relaxing etc.
    Enjoy the banter mate. Cole might do ok for you tbh.

Meanwhile Gareth has selection problems ahead of the Czech game 😎

https://youtu.be/6PbP_pIgR4s

Enjoy the banter mate. Cole might do ok for you tbh. Meanwhile Gareth has selection problems ahead of the Czech game ��

https://youtu.be/6PbP_pIgR4s

We had Cole on loan in Lg One five or six years ago, and he didn't make an impact even then, and it was always about his dad etc.

But one of my all time favourite Barnsley players was a Scotchy lad called Ronnie Glavin, he used to play alongside Kenny Dalglish (sometimes) at Celtic in the late 70s.

And hey I even supported the character 'Cooper' in the film Dog soldiers lol. He was Scotch and I was happy to see him be the lone survivor against those nasty wolfy beasts (ohh, spoiler alert here of course lol).

Nahh then lads, lets get back to Euro's footy ehh.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes well done you Scotchy lads, on a superb drunken 0-0 win lol.
    Hey it wasn't your best 0-0 win though by any means, this one was actually your best.

(ps - am I going to get banned now for posting this lol ?!!)

In all seriousness, I think the dawn of realisation has landed on the English pundits that maybe they actually aren't that good. I thought against Croatia they were very ordinary and that was confirmed to me after watching versus us. No creativity.

As far as Scotland are concerned, we have yet to score a goal so it's highly likely were heading out on Tuesday...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    In all seriousness, I think the dawn of realisation has landed on the English pundits that maybe they actually aren't that good. I thought against Croatia they were very ordinary and that was confirmed to me after watching versus us. No creativity.

As far as Scotland are concerned, we have yet to score a goal so it's highly likely were heading out on Tuesday...
    Based on history you're expecting a Croatia equalier in the 93rd minute.
    But this group of players seem a bit different 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Based on history you're expecting a Croatia equalier in the 93rd minute.
    But this group of players seem a bit different 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    You think we'll score? 🤔 Fingers crossed but we've been pretty toothless so far. Should have taken Shanks. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You think we'll score? 🤔 Fingers crossed but we've been pretty toothless so far. Should have taken Shanks. 😂
    Well Shanks would have probably scored the one Dykes missed v Czech and hit the target at least with the one that Adams blazed over v the English pub side.
    But not to be.
    Yeah I think we will finally score it's just a case of whether 1 is enough.

Scotland fans in Leicester Square serenading William Shakespeare.

https://twitter.com/fc_1869/status/1406352706344738818

A side written off by every English fan and pundit. Paul Robinson said 4-0, Rio said Scotland have no quality so 2-0, the list goes on. We were subjected to thousands of re runs of Gazzers goal and predictions of a thumping for days on end.

So to go to Wembley, play well, outplay the overhyped England for most of the game and keep ourselves alive in the group, aye a bit of a celebration.

As Graeme Souness said football ain't coming home.
    Och we know how they feel.....
    Name:  T.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  54.6 KB

Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)