+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All this talk about Alexander Arnold

All this talk about Alexander Arnold

Is boring and is making me sick !! Media sensationalism at its finest. Haven’t they got something better to report about ? Yes he’s been unlucky picking up an injury at this late stage, but surely we have someone in the 4 tiers of professional football in this country, who could do an adequate job in his absence ?Why are the media treating this as though all English hopes of winning the Euros have disappeared overnight ? God help us all if England have to be without Kane or Grealish in this upcoming competition. The media frenzy will make it unbearable. Get a grip ,will you !!!

Easy solution, play Chilwell at left back and Trippier at right back.

Also send the crocked Henderson and Maguire on the same train back north with TAA.

WTF is wrong with Southgate?

Absolutely right BT I
    Posted similar yesterday , really can’t see why we’re persisting ( no wait I’ve thought about it ) , Southgate has Cody and Mings ( can’t see why that is tbh ) but he has them , they’re not really up to it lets be honest and he refuses to look at others who consistently perform namely our boy ( didn’t even make the 26 ).
    I would really like to ask the question of him , previous season top two centre backs across Europe Virgil van Dyke and James Tarkowski this season top performer James Tarkowski ——- so Gareth explain how he’s not considered when Cody and or mings are ?

Anyway my thought was with Mings and Cody involved Stones who likes to switch off occasionally and McGuire crocked no wander he’s praying he recovers in time.

Just to throw a real spanner in the works Stones is a much better centre back than McGuire , Harry is good in the air and carrying ball forward , he can’t defend when players play in channels down the sides of him and run off the back of him - he’s the most over rated 85 million pound centre back ever, and we’re pinning our hopes on him being fit , however he’s a lot better than mings and Cody.

i reckon we're better off without Alexander Arnold, his defending can be appalling and Tripps delivers a far better cross anyway. A vastly over-rated player imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    i reckon we're better off without Alexander Arnold, his defending can be appalling and Tripps delivers a far better cross anyway. A vastly over-rated player imo.
    I'm with you Sinkov, an average player at best.

As far as I am concerned, nothing has changed with the selection of players for England for many, many years. It is the media which is the big driving force for the majority of players being selected and GS has been no different from so many other managers because he believes the media hype.
    Meanwhile, I am still proud to have seen us win a major trophy and still waiting for another one ---it's only been 55 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Meanwhile, I am still proud to have seen us win a major trophy and still waiting for another one ---it's only been 55 years!
    Aye, it's 25 years since '30 years of hurt' and Jules Rimet is still gleaming. We're getting old Sub, it needs to happen soon, we can't wait forever.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Aye, it's 25 years since '30 years of hurt' and Jules Rimet is still gleaming. We're getting old Sub, it needs to happen soon, we can't wait forever.
    sinkov---- I can guarantee that I won't actually be there for the next one ---if there is a next one! lol

And his replacement is ...drum roll ... Ben White. I am no Saints fan but James Ward Prowse should have got this slot. No doubt GS wanted White as cover for the crocked Harry “Do you know who I am?” Maguire.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)