+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Everton release 4

Everton release 4

themag.co.uk/2021/06/mike-ashley-seeing-newcastle-united-bargains-as-everton-release-55m-quartet/

Yannich Bolaise and Josh King are both available.

I'd take a punt on King not Bolasie.

Walcott is a waste of space.

Dunno the other fella.

I was expecting us to go for King,

King is an improvement on Joelinton but then who isn't..

And Walcott is an improvement on Atsu but, then, who isn't.

Walcott is passed, I was never impressed with him as a 17yr old when he signed for Arsenal, went to the world cup instead of Darren Bent and didn't even play.

He has never BEEN a great player.

His wages will be 100,000+ per week so thankfully well out of our owners cheapskate reach

Walcott has already agreed to sign for saints again I believe.

I'd take a punt on King to - him going to Everton always seems an odd move, don't think it has worked out for him like he hoped.

King would be an ok backup and better than Gayle who must surely be off.

Mind, how sad is it that we're even discussing who out of Everton's cast-offs we should go for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    King would be an ok backup and better than Gayle who must surely be off.

Mind, how sad is it that we're even discussing who out of Everton's cast-offs we should go for.
    Yeah it's yet another sorry indictment of how far the club has fallen in 14-15 yrs of the incumbent ownership/management.

Once again I find myself going back to the Rafa days.

Most of the signing he made (Muto aside - the only signing he could make with the money available) were decent.

Lejerne, Merino etc were all decent players.

Hendrick, Carroll, Joelinto...

I'm tired of repeating myself. Most on here are well educated and understand the situation however when I meet people and start talking football. The same nonsense gets rolled out 'finished 13th, Bruce did you proud, fans are unrealistic.'

It's exhausting.

Evening all,
    From our perspective...
    Everton have confirmed Josh King will leave this summer as the club continues its search for Carlo Ancelotti’s replacement.

King was amongst five senior players who will depart when their contracts expire and save Everton more than £1m a month in wages.

King made little impact after joining on a short-term deal from Bournemouth in January and the decision not to extend his stay is no surprise.

The 29-year-old was restricted to 11 substitute appearances and failed to score in a spell affected by injury. David Moyes reportedly turned down the chance to bring him to West Ham last summer despite fever pitch speculation he was on the verge of becoming a Hammer.

King will become a free agent on 1 July but David Moyes is not thought to have any interest in the striker.

Moyes and the West Ham owners were slated by supporters for letting King slip through their fingers last summer as he joined Everton.
    take care now
    John...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)