+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dike

Yeah. I know but was a good thought for a minute

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Premiership clubs can afford 10 million on a prospect
    As much as i love Barnsley F.C can not.
    We dont have the finance to pay his wages pluss all the other players that will up there wage demands.
    Too much a gamble wed go bust within 2 seasons.
    I can’t see the Barnsley directors willing to pay £10 million.
    If Dane Murphy is saying it’s a reasonable price I’d guess at more like £3m.
    So we buy Dike for 3 ...... and Everton among others are willing to pay 17.
    If we put Dike on a 2 year contract with a wage bill of 3 per year - then if we don’t get promotion by next summer we sell him.
    Fee 3 + wages 3 = 6.
    There maybe a sell on clause of 20%.
    Dike is young and only going to get better - but if we sell him for 17.
    Then that’s a nice £8.8 million profit.
    With the added bonus of having the services of Dike for a full season.
    A player that could easily make all the difference from finishing 7th in the league - to finishing 2nd in the league !!!
    A win - win scenario.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 05-06-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I can’t see the Barnsley directors willing to pay £10 million.
    If Dane Murphy is saying it’s a reasonable price I’d guess at more like £3m.
    So we buy Dike for 3 ...... and Everton among others are willing to pay 17.
    If we put Dike on a 2 year contract with a wage bill of 3 per year - then if we don’t get promotion by next summer we sell him.
    Fee 3 + wages 3 = 6.
    There maybe a sell on clause of 20%.
    Dike is young and only going to get better - but if we sell him for 17.
    Then that’s a nice £8.8 million profit.
    With the added bonus of having the services of Dike for a full season.
    A player that could easily make all the difference from finishing 7th in the league - to finishing 2nd in the league !!!
    A win - win scenario.
    Whose funding this venture Nudge ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Whose funding this venture Nudge ?
    Good point.
    And in fact the main point of the whole Dike business.
    Who is funding this venture ?

Well we can continue to nearly miss out like we did last season.
    Or - the directors can be a bit more bullish and drive the club over the line into the Premier.

At some point there needs to be a bit of ‘a pump priming exercise’ by the directors.
    Under the circumstances of finishing 5th - and with a striker in the palm of the directors hands - a striker considered by many to be the best in the league - then one would have thought the ‘pump priming’ might have happened this summer with Dike.
    But apparently not.

I’m not advocating spending zillions - but grasping opportunities when they arise.
    The club has now to find a replacement for Dike with the same level of scoring ability that got us to 5th.
    Is that going to happen?

Good point.

Or - the directors can be a bit more bullish and drive the club over the line into the Premier.

At some point there needs to be a bit of ‘a pump priming exercise’ by the directors.
    Under the circumstances of finishing 5th - and with a striker in the palm of the directors hands - a striker considered by many to be the best in the league - then one would have thought the ‘pump priming’ might have happened this summer with Dike.
    But apparently not.

I’m not advocating spending zillions - but grasping opportunities when they arise.
    The club has now to find a replacement for Dike with the same level of scoring ability that got us to 5th.
    Is that going to happen?
    Weve got one in Morris, we need to concentrate on another partner for him that offers something different..

Good point.

But apparently not.

Is that going to happen?
    Have another go Nudge with less of going off in tangents .

Whose funding this venture ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Have another go Nudge with less of going off in tangents .

Whose funding this venture ?
    Well - I thought I had.
    The Directors.
    Priming the pump cannot be a loan - because that’s against the rules.
    It has to be a gift to the club.
    Occasional gifts would propel the club forward more quickly - with the Premier League being the objective.
    Without gifts, to add that bit of quality, then I believe we could spend seasons banging on the door - but not getting in.

The Dike situation is a typical example.
    It looks like the club couldn’t afford him.
    A gift from the directors would have enabled the player to remain at the club - giving the club a better chance of promotion next season.
    And when he does move on, the club is rewarded with a sizeable profit - which they can then use to reinvest back into the team - which again increases the chances of a promotion push in the following seasons.

A £100+++ million jackpot awaits these directors if they get things right.

Well - I thought I had.
    The Directors.
    Priming the pump cannot be a loan - because that’s against the rules.
    It has to be a gift to the club.
    Occasional gifts would propel the club forward more quickly - with the Premier League being the objective.
    Without gifts, to add that bit of quality, then I believe we could spend seasons banging on the door - but not getting in.

The Dike situation is a typical example.
    It looks like the club couldn’t afford him.
    A gift from the directors would have enabled the player to remain at the club - giving the club a better chance of promotion next season.
    And when he does move on, the club is rewarded with a sizeable profit - which they can then use to reinvest back into the team - which again increases the chances of a promotion push in the following seasons.

A £100+++ million jackpot awaits these directors if they get things right.
    So in essence your wanting someone else to risk their own money to finance the signing of Dike whilst you pay bottom dollar ST prices .

Would that be an accurate assessment ? .

Gerrin on my tits about DO , not a patch on the former player's , Ward,
    Aylott and a few more , a certain individual is obsessed with DD why ? Piss off back to BBS , tha fast outstaying thi welcome on here , personally I find you to be a drama Queen , and not to be taken notice of , tha knows nowt abart football.

Currie Ward Hignet Hurst Cooper. My top5 probably in that order then Hendry and co. Dike would struggle to get in top 10

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast