+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dike

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So in essence your wanting someone else to risk their own money to finance the signing of Dike whilst you pay bottom dollar ST prices .

Would that be an accurate assessment ? .
    Yep.
    But then again I’m not putting money in to build the club up so I can sell it.
    And neither will I receive £££millions if we get into the Premier.

I’m a fan giving my views of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Gerrin on my tits about DO , not a patch on the former player's , Ward,
    Aylott and a few more , a certain individual is obsessed with DD why ? Piss off back to BBS , tha fast outstaying thi welcome on here , personally I find you to be a drama Queen , and not to be taken notice of , tha knows nowt abart football.
    Think I'm taking a break too off here .

I'd not post much on here but you nudge talk some right ****e!!! Do you think barnsley fc can compete with the big boys in the championship!!!! Do you buy season ticket????

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I can’t see the Barnsley directors willing to pay £10 million.
    If Dane Murphy is saying it’s a reasonable price I’d guess at more like £3m.
    So we buy Dike for 3 ...... and Everton among others are willing to pay 17.
    If we put Dike on a 2 year contract with a wage bill of 3 per year - then if we don’t get promotion by next summer we sell him.
    Fee 3 + wages 3 = 6.
    There maybe a sell on clause of 20%.
    Dike is young and only going to get better - but if we sell him for 17.
    Then that’s a nice £8.8 million profit.
    With the added bonus of having the services of Dike for a full season.
    A player that could easily make all the difference from finishing 7th in the league - to finishing 2nd in the league !!!
    A win - win scenario.
    Have you never listened to interviews by the owners Nudger. They won’t gamble financially with how the club is run, the club will be run within its means. No crazy spending that could come back and bite the club. What if he is a half season wonder, scoring goals against Luton doesn’t guarantee you’ll turn into a £18m striker.

For me he started to get sussed out by other clubs at the end of the season and didn’t look anything special

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Have you never listened to interviews by the owners Nudger. They won’t gamble financially with how the club is run, the club will be run within its means. No crazy spending that could come back and bite the club. What if he is a half season wonder, scoring goals against Luton doesn’t guarantee you’ll turn into a £18m striker.

For me he started to get sussed out by other clubs at the end of the season and didn’t look anything special
    Good post - but sorry I can’t answer you.
    Sensitive individuals are taking offence when I answer posts that are directly related to something I’ve posted.

yawn ok i'll humour you what if he is ****e on his return by all accounts hes want 20k aweek we would be stuck with him for 2 or 3 years are you want us to throw money at players that will turn us into wednesday , derby. just on the off chance we might make the playoff again then 3 years down the line face a points deduction for breaking FFP rules.

Good post - but sorry I can’t answer you.
    Sensitive individuals are taking offence when I answer posts that are directly related to something I’ve posted.

Haha - who is being sensitive now eh Nudge

The unwillingness of the owners to meet his wages just does not make sense.

It makes perfect sense to me.
    It would kill the dressing room and team spirit and as well as he did for us I don’t think he’d be happy playing our style of football for a full season.
    Plus there’s no guarantee his form and value wouldn’t nose dive and that’s something as a club we can’t afford to take a chance on.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Haha - who is being sensitive now eh Nudge
    I post a lot.
    I’ve got a lot to say - on message boards as well as in life.
    If someone posts something in direct response to what I post - then I usually have the courtesy to answer them.
    It stirs debate - it gets people thinking.

IMO - if you don’t want to see a persons view - then why the hell do you need to read it.
    It doesn’t matter to me one bit if you agree with my opinion or not - the important thing is that you voice your own opinions.
    Many people on message boards find that difficult to understand.
    They soon take offence when someone has an alternate view.
    But if you think about it - this message board would die within a week if we all had the same opinions.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that..... ‘Well, so fakking what.
    Stephen Fry

I post a lot.
    I’ve got a lot to say - on message boards as well as in life.
    If someone posts something in direct response to what I post - then I usually have the courtesy to answer them.
    It stirs debate - it gets people thinking.

IMO - if you don’t want to see a persons view - then why the hell do you need to read it.
    It doesn’t matter to me one bit if you agree with my opinion or not - the important thing is that you voice your own opinions.
    Many people on message boards find that difficult to understand.
    They soon take offence when someone has an alternate view.
    But if you think about it - this message board would die within a week if we all had the same opinions.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that..... ‘Well, so fakking what.
    Stephen Fry
    This message board is dyeing because of you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast