+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rankin Costello

Rankin Costello

Signs a new deal.
    Very positive news and if he stays injury free,he is a key talent.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Signs a new deal.
    Very positive news and if he stays injury free,he is a key talent.
    I find him quite curious JRC. I have never seen him have a good 90 mins. I have rarely seen him play football. For a young lad his injury record is concerning. No matter what he offers, if he never plays, there is little point.
    I find it odd that most fans have decided Nyambe isn't good enough, same with Bell. But this lad is talented?
    I haven't seen it if he is.
    He isn't quick enough for FB. Not sure he offers much going forward. His lack of pace means he couldn't defend as well as Nymabe. Not sure he is a winger, as he has no pace.
    What exactly is he? A squad player who can play in a few positions at best I feel. Not commanding in any way, won't hold down one position and make it his own. Will fill in at LB, RB or either side of CM.
    I just hope he stays fit, if he doesn't then he should have been another one off-loaded. We desperately need players desperate to play. This lad was an upcoming talent 2 season ago. He has only actually played a handful of games since that early promise and we are now 2 seasons down the line, and he simply has not progressed. Not sure why we gets a contract being honest. Seriously are any of these young lads coming through any better than lower half Mid-table Champ at the very very best? I remain completely unconvinced.

I'd have let him go and see what is about in League 1 and 2 where I firmly believe there is quite a bit of talent about who actually play football matches and can contribute.

Not so sure on this champs.
    With what I have seen this lad has potential to be a big player for us.
    Yes he has had injury problems but if he can stay fit it will help us no end.
    I can see him and nyambe playing at the same time,nyambe as right back and Costello further up.
    Now for the left side to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Not so sure on this champs.
    With what I have seen this lad has potential to be a big player for us.
    Yes he has had injury problems but if he can stay fit it will help us no end.
    I can see him and nyambe playing at the same time,nyambe as right back and Costello further up.
    Now for the left side to sort out.
    Probs sounded a bit harsh, we shouldn't be having a go at our own young lads.
    I'm just unsure as I have only seen this lad play about 5 times and he has been around 2 seasons now.
    Players who don't play football matches remain great prospects. I'm hopeful he has an impact and plays, then we will get to see if he is actually any good.
    Personally, I would much rather start to see good Div 1 and 2 players come in, as I feel they are much hungrier.
    I would really like us to get Mendez Gomes who scored loads of goals for Morecambe last season and helped win them promotion. He is a tricky wide man, great engine, scores goals. I just feel someone like him will make a far greater impact. And has something to prove. We could get him for £3/400k. Or swap them Dolan who is another who will not improve much here.

I too would like to see some lower league talent coming in with a point to prove but we also need to look after the talent we already have.
    As for dolan he is another rothwell,can either be damn near unplayable or completely invisible.
    Both are squad players nothing more nothing less.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)