+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie Cooke

Thanks for the replies.

Could understand Joey and Buchan both going to England 10 years later. And Bobby Clark almost joining them.

But Dundee? Ken they were league champions in 62 but clearly, the AFC Board at the time must have needed the dough for new floodlights. Or the half time board.

My old man was ragin, I remember him wandering around the hoose saying “Dundee?” over and over again.

Although I’m a fair bit younger than ‘57 I did see him play but to be honest I wasn’t really paying attention.
    My father bribed me with sweeties to go to the games and that took up most of my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    My old man was ragin, I remember him wandering around the hoose saying “Dundee?” over and over again.

Although I’m a fair bit younger than ‘57 I did see him play but to be honest I wasn’t really paying attention.
    My father bribed me with sweeties to go to the games and that took up most of my attention.
    Good on your dad. He knew what he was doing. Did the same with my son. System works.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Dundee fan here. I'm of a similar vintage where I was taken to matches by my dad but, really too young to know wtf was going on. So I would have been in attendance when CC played. My old man , who was a regular at Dens all his life. said, when we signed Caniggia, that he was very reminiscent of Charlie Cook... He rated both CCs as two of the best he'd ever seen in dark blue. And he'd witnessed the double league cup winners, the league winners and the team that made it to European Cup semi final. I often wonder how he survived watching the dross that was regularly served up from 1975 onwards!

Quote Originally Posted by napper View Post
    Dundee fan here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12