+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was he right?

Ruben went down theatrically for sure, but that doesn't make it not a foul, he was pushed in the back and probably tripped too by the second player coming in, Rowe is clutching at straws and blaming the whole defeat on that as if it was nothing to do with him.

They had two players injured at the same time and he chose to keep his injured goalkeeper on and have 11 players than play with 10, thats completely on him, not sure if that was his 3rd sub or he just made other subs later (if he did then more fool him).

I wonder if he'd made 3 subs, then a player went off injured, would he have been able to bring on a sub in extra time when you're allowed a 4th to get back up to 11 players? Presumably he could have hobbled back on to the pitch at the start of extra time to be subbed in this scenario?

Anyway, the crux of it is, Rowe done goofed, two of his players very clearly dived, Notts could've/should've had two penalties so he shouldn't be blaming the ref but you can see why he'd say something worthy of a 4 game ban, he's a terrible loser.

Their manager had them wound up at the start and they chased and chased during the first 20 mins whilst we had control of the ball. This paid off for Notts as the Chessie players were feeling the effects of that in the last twenty as well as trying to cover for their injured goalie. The keeper would have caught the cross for the winner had he been fit but the full back didn't have the legs to follow Ellis in hence the pointless claim for offside to cover his embarrassment.

Birch got his tactics and subs spot on imo.

No class from their manager in his post match interview and it's obvious from that why he was in the stands. He'll be getting used to that view if he carries on in that vein.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Anyway, the crux of it is, Rowe done goofed, two of his players very clearly dived, Notts could've/should've had two penalties so he shouldn't be blaming the ref but you can see why he'd say something worthy of a 4 game ban, he's a terrible loser.
    I think he's an excellent loser - long may it continue !

I think we deserved it overall. He got his tactics spot on - apart from not having a sub keeper on the bench. I imagine he feels quite stupid and is trying to deflect from that.

They can be very proud and I think they will be up there next season; I think I heard on BT sports that they has the best PPG in the division since Rowe took over.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    SEVEN subs!! Over half a team change! We'll be there all afternoon/night. Some of us have homes to go to.

Anyone remember when -

A team had one sub only?
    When, if a player was injured, he had to leave the pitch if he needed more than a cold sponge?
    A player wouldn't scream and roll in absolute agony holding his face/leg after a fair tackle and then miraculously leap up if the foul wasn't given?
    😂😂👍

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Notts could've/should've had two penalties.
    Out of curiosity, for anyone who watched on BT Sport what did the replays show on the Reeves penalty claim in front of the Kop? From my seat it looked their player had made contact with the man and not the ball, but the ref had a good view and said no straight away. Did it look like a dive from Reeves?

VAR would've given a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Out of curiosity, for anyone who watched on BT Sport what did the replays show on the Reeves penalty claim in front of the Kop? From my seat it looked their player had made contact with the man and not the ball, but the ref had a good view and said no straight away. Did it look like a dive from Reeves?
    Not as clear as a dive or a foul but not every time it is one or the other. Let’s just say he was helped on his way to the ground.

Given by the ref, end of... We have been on either end of those decisions so many times. You take the ones you get, lament the ones that go against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Even on the replys it wasn't really clear but think the defender might have just touched the ball first.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast