+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Was he right?

Lets be right they were dreadful they where very tough granted and were wasting time from the 50th minute.

I think they did it to protect keeper abit and the obvious tactic for us was to load the box as he clearly wasnt going to run off his line that makes defending hard for them as proven by Ellis goal.

He was moaning after the game he might have a point on the free kick but he wouldnt have complained had Tyson stuck away one of his chances when offside.

One thing he was right on was you should have 7 subs I agree with that.

I hope we go with a keeper on the bench next week.

The only thing that matters is that we won. How many times have we outplayed teams and lost at the death.

I was in H block looking strait down the goal line, Ruben was fouled 3 times the ref awarded the free kick on the 3 foul, Ruben did not dive, the ref lost the game after the mele in the center circle he just let the players of both sides to kick 7 bells out of each other he only gave fouls when he absolutely had to.

The time wasting started from the start of the game with their keeper walking so slowly to collect the ball to resume play,
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 06-06-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Neither team controlled the game, that’s why it finished 3-2.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Neither team controlled the game, that’s why it finished 3-2.
    Exactly.

Game far too open to have been controlled by anyone.

Check out a short video on You Tube called Match Reaction.... by DazzaYT.
    Very sensible and pretty unbiased from a Chessie fan, "Notts were the better team overall on the day".
    Proud of his team during the season and looking forward to challenging again next time around.
    Good post DazzaYT.

I’m just compiling and updating the stats after yesterday’s game. As others have said first half Chessie had a game plan and it worked very well for them. Second half was a very different story, Chesterfield essentially parked the bus and ran out of ideas. The two Tyson chances were criminal really but on the whole Notts edged it and it was a fair result.

also his comments about that foul, Rúben had had his legs chopped every time he had the ball, sometimes in life you get what you deserve.

For an away side in the playoffs, the first half went as well as they could have hoped. Rowe got his tactics spot on.

The second half was obviously very different. We increased our tempo, their keeper got injured, and we generally pushed them back and got in behind them. It’s ironic though that for all our fluent football, we scored from a charged down clearance and two set pieces.

I thought his complaints about the free kick were ridiculous, we had two very good penalty shouts turned down, and the ref to me was looking to prove that he wasn’t being influenced by the home crowd.

Ps is there a full replay of the game knocking about anywhere?
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 06-06-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Lets be right they were dreadful they where very tough granted and were wasting time from the 50th minute.

I think they did it to protect keeper abit and the obvious tactic for us was to load the box as he clearly wasnt going to run off his line that makes defending hard for them as proven by Ellis goal.

He was moaning after the game he might have a point on the free kick but he wouldnt have complained had Tyson stuck away one of his chances when offside.

One thing he was right on was you should have 7 subs I agree with that.
    SEVEN subs!! Over half a team change! We'll be there all afternoon/night. Some of us have homes to go to.

Anyone remember when -

A team had one sub only?
    When, if a player was injured, he had to leave the pitch if he needed more than a cold sponge?
    A player wouldn't scream and roll in absolute agony holding his face/leg after a fair tackle and then miraculously leap up if the foul wasn't given?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    I was in H block looking strait down the goal line, Ruben was fouled 3 times the ref awarded the free kick on the 3 foul, Ruben did not dive, the ref lost the game after the mele in the center circle he just let the players of both sides to kick 7 bells out of each other he only gave fouls when he absolutely had to.

The time wasting started from the start of the game with their keeper walking so slowly to collect the ball to resume play,
    Agree completely.

I said to my kids that they'd come to spoil and frustrate us which was apparent from their goalie time wasting from the start. They're a physical team of cloggers, but credit where it's due, they played their part in a fantastic game.

Regarding the foul on Rodrigues, you can clearly see Gunning pushes him in the back with an outstretched arm at the same time as another player slides in. An obvious foul, but at the same time it's virtually in front of the dugouts so not exactly in a dangerous position, it just so happened Rodrigues put in a first class delivery.

If you've not yet seen their manager's post match interview, it's well worth finding it online. He's like a bitter David Brent - absolute comedy gold.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast