+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Euros

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    ...shiite maybe not accurate, unfancied is maybe a better word. The Danes didn't even qualify of their own accord in 92.

Do you understand that Hughie, do you catch my drift there or need further explanation?
    I get you, Sclox. Our team was pretty basic in '92. We had some decent players here and there, but overall we were below average. Michael Laudrup didn't even fancy playing for the national team in those days!

We did have a second to none team spirit though, and that gets you far in a tournament like this. Well, that and the Brian Laudrup + Peter Schmeichel cocktail!

Our team this year is a lot stronger on paper compared to the '92 team. I suspect we will beat Wales, but I also wouldn't rule us out in a potential clash against England. Denmark wouldn't be favourites, obviously, but I think it would be a tight game and tactically I find our manager to be superior to Southgate.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I get you, Sclox. Our team was pretty basic in '92. We had some decent players here and there, but overall we were below average. Michael Laudrup didn't even fancy playing for the national team in those days!

We did have a second to none team spirit though, and that gets you far in a tournament like this. Well, that and the Brian Laudrup + Peter Schmeichel cocktail!

Our team this year is a lot stronger on paper compared to the '92 team. I suspect we will beat Wales, but I also wouldn't rule us out in a potential clash against England. Denmark wouldn't be favourites, obviously, but I think it would be a tight game and tactically I find our manager to be superior to Southgate.
    That last suggestion isn't difficult at all HughieG.

How long is it since England had a real, capable manager who could manage, oversee training and select a proper team from the many hundreds of players available to him?

C'mon, the Danes.

I'm backing Hughie and his boys on this one.

Torn beteeen a home nation and having a soft spot for Denmark from 1992. May the best team win.

That looks to be the Danes at this point.

I'm enjoyng the Italian/Austria game at the min.

It might be 0-0 but it's been an enjoyable watching 0-0.

Austria doing very well.

Italy's strength in depth telling now.

Ooh...could be an interesting last 5 minutes!

Was a good game, really good last 30mins.

Felt for Austria but they gave Italy a proper scare.

So Proud of Austria tonight what a magnificent effort and with a little bit of luck who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    C'mon, the Danes.

I'm backing Hughie and his boys on this one.
    Thanks man.

Turned out pretty well for us! Excited to see whether we'll be playing the Dutch or the Czechs this coming Saturday. Both worthy opponents!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)