+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the Knee

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I don't think the national anthem should be played before domestic games, I don't see the point. As Yarm said, most of the players are foreign anyway at the top level. International games makes sense because there are national teams playing each other.

I want England to win in every sport, and I'm British but I don't subscribe to the thought that this is the best country in the world. I don't think I'd live here if my wife wasn't so keen to stay. There are socio-economic problems in this country, and much stems from the very top - who we elect every 4 years. But then every country has its issues I guess.

Also, I thought read somewhere that England players do donate their fees to charity? I think Gary Neville introduced it when he was playing. I stand corrected if I'm wrong.

We will agree to disagree on the National Anthem and perhaps in the US more of their citizens are proud of their nationality and flying the flag than our own.

There would be socio-economic issues whoever was in government as sadly nobody rarely gets it right. Take Trump ( didn’t like the man ) but certainly would not bet against him getting back in power again!

Makes me weep though with the outcry with the poppy on players shirts then we have this bollox of taking the knee every match! It’s Ok for a black player to stand up and not take the knee! What would happen when the first brave white guy stands up and not takes the knee? Will he be slaughtered? Will he make front page news? Will all the snowflakes call for him to be banned?

The whole thing is a complete joke!

For my money players who want to take the knee should be allowed to do so without criticism. Players who don't wish to take the knee should be able to do so without criticism.

I wouldn't boo players taking the knee any more than I'd clap them for doing so. Their choice, my choice.

But for the love of all things please keep the National Anthem away from pre match domestic football. With the greatest of respect GStQ is a mournful dirge of a tune.

And that's coming from someone who took the oath of allegiance prior to serving my country in the British Army. Before national games fine, but not all the bloody time.

Why couldn't we have had something more upbeat to get the pulse flowing? And before anyone mentions adopting Jerusalem as the NA..... please don't.

I should probably say;

I don't understand why players are still taking the knee as its not having the effect they would want it to.

I don't understand why people boo it.

I do respect the players taking a knee, its their choice if they want to protest.

I do respect people who choose to boo because they think politics should be kept away from football. Its their choice if they want to protest.

I don't respect people who boo because they are racist, these people need educating.

The extremes on both sides of this debate are completely barmy, in my view.
    Last edited by WBA123; 07-06-2021 at 02:52 PM.

The action is meant to be divisive, it is intended to inflame the situation not mend it and is a well used tool of the radical left, and it is succeeding. Spread hatred and distrust and then exploit the aftermath. Text book stuff.

To be fair you will never eradicate racism, there are some white people who will never like black people, and some black people who will never like white people.
    That's life.
    I have no problems with the colour of a person myself, just how they are to me.
    Same with homo***uals, if a bloke wants to stick his c ock up another bloke's arse no skin off my nose. It's when they start marching and dictating that I get peed off.
    Same with BLM.
    Interesting that black people link themselves with gay's and lesbian's. It's themselves who cause the division like they think there is something wrong with what they are.

It’s a ridiculous thing but the players have a right to do it if they want. I was impressed with the way Rashford played it down when the reporters as usual tried to stir it up by saying “what do you think about those booing?” He simply said “well it’s something we want to do so we will keep on doing it” Ignoring the fact that the whole thing is glorifying a career criminal and trying to make it an anti racist thing when there is more involved in the movement (and most footballers are unable to think things through enough) I thought he didn’t take the bait.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    To be fair you will never eradicate racism, there are some white people who will never like black people, and some black people who will never like white people.
    That's life.
    I have no problems with the colour of a person myself, just how they are to me.
    Same with homo***uals, if a bloke wants to stick his c ock up another bloke's arse no skin off my nose. It's when they start marching and dictating that I get peed off.
    Same with BLM.
    Interesting that black people link themselves with gay's and lesbian's. It's themselves who cause the division like they think there is something wrong with what they are.

Good post Des and 100% agree. I agree with most of 123's latest post with the exception

"I don't respect people who boo because they are racist, these people need educating."

If people want to boo that's completely up to them. Many who boo are certainly not racist but sick of this complete bollox on what should be a day to enjoy sport!

Nobody has answered the question so please - a number of black players have stood up and decided NOT to take the knee! When a white player is the first to do this will nothing be said just like nothing is said to those black players? Can this question be answered or is it a case of they will be racist?

Of course they will be racist, you can only be racist if you are white.

Well, that’s how it looks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Good post Des and 100% agree. I agree with most of 123's latest post with the exception

"I don't respect people who boo because they are racist, these people need educating."

If people want to boo that's completely up to them. Many who boo are certainly not racist but sick of this complete bollox on what should be a day to enjoy sport!

Nobody has answered the question so please - a number of black players have stood up and decided NOT to take the knee! When a white player is the first to do this will nothing be said just like nothing is said to those black players? Can this question be answered or is it a case of they will be racist?
    You may wish to read his post again Al', he's basically in agreement with much of what you've just posted. Or you are with him rather. I think........ I'm only speed reading myself today to be honest so I may have misread the pair of you though 🤣 .

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Of course they will be racist, you can only be racist if you are white.

Well, that’s how it looks to me.
    A very good point Kets.

Maybe someone could point out the last time they can remember a black person being labelled as “racist”?

Mugabe perhaps?

I don’t think so though, he was touted as a despot etc rather than a racist.

I can’t remember the last time anyone in this country who’s black was accused of being racist.

Me and my son were racially abused by Asians during a football tournament at The Hawthorns a few years ago yet when I reported it to the organisers I was brushed off, they didn’t want to know.......the look of horror in their eyes at having to confront a bunch of Asian racist thugs scared them to death.

If one of my team had risen to the bait and called one of these thugs a “black” anything it would’ve been all over local media.

One rule for them and another for us whites.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)