+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Taking the Knee

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Yawn yawn!

Indeed! Any chance of answers to the questions earlier or are you still avoiding them?

Quote Originally Posted by OWV View Post
    The players wealth has nothing to do with it, irrelevant. The fact that the abuse is within a footballing sphere, doesn't it make sense for the response to take place in the same sphere?
    The response is that the culprits are identified and kicked out. I repeat, I watch or participate in sport for the sport, not to be preached to. I don’t need footballers to try to take the moral high ground with me, I will not be preached to by any sportsperson, by you ar anyone else. Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    The response is that the culprits are identified and kicked out. I repeat, I watch or participate in sport for the sport, not to be preached to. I don’t need footballers to try to take the moral high ground with me, I will not be preached to by any sportsperson, by you ar anyone else. Thank you so much.
    As I've said elsewhere, sport and politics are intrinsically linked.

Indeed! Any chance of answers to the questions earlier or are you still avoiding them?

To be honest anybody would switch off from all that dribble!

In terms of ISIL even a 12 year wouldn’t need to Google that a well drilled and meticulously planned army of terrorists could not just spring up from an invasion or war! It’s that obvious and Blair was even warned about this pre-invasion but he wouldn’t listen! Probably more interested in Cherie and her contribution and expertise to the latest human rights issues.

Sad you have to bring your wife into your responses to hammer your view home but hey ho - each to their own!

So after the taking the knee ( probably not by Croatia ) what’s your prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    To be honest anybody would switch off from all that dribble!

In terms of ISIL even a 12 year wouldn’t need to Google that a well drilled and meticulously planned army of terrorists could not just spring up from an invasion or war! It’s that obvious and Blair was even warned about this pre-invasion but he wouldn’t listen! Probably more interested in Cherie and her contribution and expertise to the latest human rights issues.

Sad you have to bring your wife into your responses to hammer your view home but hey ho - each to their own!

So after the taking the knee ( probably not by Croatia ) what’s your prediction?
    It's not hard to say if it's affected your life or not. It's a yes or a no, with a brief explanation of how. Doesn't take a minute.

1-1 btw.

As I've said elsewhere, sport and politics are intrinsically linked.
    A fact of which I am well aware, unfortunately, and it annoys me, as it annoys many. Sport and politics shouldn’t be mixed but sadly, some use it as such. Sad, really.

A fact of which I am well aware, unfortunately, and it annoys me, as it annoys many. Sport and politics shouldn’t be mixed but sadly, some use it as such. Sad, really.
    Some people’s whole existence is utterly riven by politics Kets.

It’s a mindset I just don’t get if I’m honest.

The zealot mentality must be so exhausting, to be constantly in a state of angst about anything Left Wing or Right Wing that doesn’t fit your opinion of how everyone should live their life.

Quite sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

The zealot mentality must be so exhausting, to be constantly in a state of angst about anything Left Wing or Right Wing that doesn’t fit your opinion of how everyone should live their life.

Quite sad really.
    This is one of the most ironic posts I've ever read.

Pot, meet kettle...

If you disagree with anyone on here, you question their true motives and if they are posing as a former poster. Then you throw out the 'snowflake' or 'zealot' or whatever other mud you like to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Quite sad really.
    Not really. This topic was a political one, hence us discussing it. That doesn't mean our minds are obsessed with politics, we're just commenting on a forum. Whether I post 100 posts or you post 4, it doesn't matter, we've engaged with the subject and had our say, so your logic would apply to us all. Other than some attempt to insult someone, I'm not sure what the meaning of your post is.

Not surprising the taking the knee bollox was met with a lot of boos again! So are these people racist? No!! The Croatia team looked on standing up bemused!!

Axe this nonsense now as causing more issues than the opposite!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)