+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Ollie Robinson.

The US and many EU countries have a statute of limitation on crimes.

The UK only has it on certain business transactions.

One white man does something stupid in his ****s and gets a full Salem witch hunt.
    Lammy and Abbott come out with anti white racist comments as regular as clockwork, all brushed under the carpet.
    If you're going to call someone out, then everyone needs calling out.

QED

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Not sure about that rA, I offered my own opinion on Robinson's punishment a few posts ago

If I got the diversity thing wrong, apologies and I withdraw that

Investigation - fine, but this has turned into a show trial
    Tbf, Andy...you offered an opinion and then backtracked saying you were just trying to reflect public opinion.

I’m probably no more certain about the Ashley Banjo/Diversity issue than you, but you brought the matter of public opinion into the debate and the awarding of the BAFTA did seem to represent a change in perceived public opinion.

All I’ve suggested is that there does need to be an ‘investigation’...but I don’t think it represents a ‘show trial’. Lots of sporting organisations are, rightly imo, committed to opposing prejudice and racial discrimination. There’s no point in wearing the T shirt and adopting a stance opposing such wrongdoing if you’re then going to turn a blind eye to actual transgression. My only doubt is not whether the matter should be investigated, but whether, in all the circumstances, someone should be ‘banned’ before that investigation.

P.S. Tricky, we live in a time when gutless no marks are repeatedly and anonymously attacking black sports men and women via the mixed blessing of the internet. You introducing your favourite targets, who just happen to be a) left wing and b) black, is just diversionary nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    P.S. Tricky, we live in a time when gutless no marks are repeatedly and anonymously attacking black sports men and women via the mixed blessing of the internet. You introducing your favourite targets, who just happen to be a) left wing and b) black, is just diversionary nonsense.
    It is not nonsence at all. Both are current MP's and consistantly make snide racist jibes at white people.
    Are you condoning the things they say?
    If so, that makes you complicit to the narrative created.

I'll say it again, if you call someone out for things like this. You call everyone out. Anything else is selective racism.
    But calling out one side, gets more headlines.

I said ‘diversionary nonsense’.

The debate is about Ollie Robinson. Abbott chose her words unwisely and deserved calling out for her generalisation. Not sure what Lammy has said tbh...but they are both quite separate to this debate and I doubt they’ve ‘consistently made snide racist jibes against white people’.

As you know, I don’t condone any form of racism, but this is about how the appropriate authorities should react when, at a time when so many sports people are taking a stand against racism, inequality and prejudice, an England representative may have made overtly racist and s exist comments...albeit ten years ago.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 09-06-2021 at 04:11 PM.

I said ‘diversionary nonsense’.

The debate is about Ollie Robinson. Abbott chose her words unwisely and deserved calling out for her generalisation. Not sure what Lammy has said tbh...but they are both quite separate to this debate and I doubt they’ve ‘consistently made snide racist jibes against white people’.

As you know, I don’t condone any form of racism, but this is about how the appropriate authorities should react when, at a time when so many sports people are taking a stand against racism, inequality and prejudice, an England representative may have made overtly racist and s exist comments...albeit ten years ago.
    I knew exactly what you meant.
    My point was, when racism is confronted or punished. It seems to be a very one sided affair.
    I could go on all day, with racist comments from ethnic sources.
    But when you are white, you get stomped on immediately, with a reaction bordering on obsession.
    It is exactly the opposite of the Muslim grooming gangs, where proper investigation went unfollowed for fear of being labelled "racist".
    So which is it? Everyone, or selective?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I knew exactly what you meant.
    My point was, when racism is confronted or punished. It seems to be a very one sided affair.
    I could go on all day, with racist comments from ethnic sources.
    But when you are white, you get stomped on immediately, with a reaction bordering on obsession.
    It is exactly the opposite of the Muslim grooming gangs, where proper investigation went unfollowed for fear of being labelled "racist".
    So which is it? Everyone, or selective?
    Three things for you to consider.

Which bit of ‘I don’t condone any form of racism’ do you struggle to understand?
    How many white men have recently been killed at the hands of black police officers?
    How many white sportsmen and women have received racist hate mail etc in the way that CKR, Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Stirling and Nicola Adams (amongst many others) have recently?

Now unless you’ve got something to say on the subject of Ollie Robinson forgive me if I fail to respond.

Three things for you to consider.

Which bit of ‘I don’t condone any form of racism’ do you struggle to understand?
    How many white men have recently been killed at the hands of black police officers?
    How many white sportsmen and women have received racist hate mail etc in the way that CKR, Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Stirling and Nicola Adams (amongst many others) have recently?

Now unless you’ve got something to say on the subject of Ollie Robinson forgive me if I fail to respond.
    Thats a garbage response. Are you saying that white people haven't been killed by black cops?
    If that's what you are claiming, then you really are ill informed.

Perhaps you should seperate the ratio of population to crimes committed first, which will increase all those chances.
    Then you need to look at the figures of people killed from all ethnicities by police. In which case you will find that white people are killed.
    Every year more unarmed white men are killed than unarmed black men. And it's not even close. Between 2013-2019 more than 1,000 unarmed people were killed by police officers. Less than a third of them were black. In 2019 more people were killed by lightning strikes than unarmed black men were killed by the police.

Obviously the USA has a problem with Police control, I don't doubt that. But to scream it is only blacks suffering is wrong.

As for Ollie Robinson, the reaction of the cricket board is bordering on stupid and witch hunt.
    But that is the flavour of the moment.
    Organisations, run by daft old white men in the ECB, think they doing their bit to be seen to be taking action.
    In effect they are just making it worse.
    They aren't on their own either. From the BBC to Norwich city council having a light show?
    The loons really are on the loose.
    78 years and 4 days ago, thousands of men gave their lives in the fight for liberation of Europe, from the Nazi jack boot.
    Europe had spent 5 years of real oppression and torture. But all the Norwich council could do and the English cricket and footy, is honour BLM.
    Robinson is a victim of this insanity, for a stupid thing he did at 18.
    Perhaps Prince Harry and his Nazi uniform shows how little the current crop think of those dark days.

Victimised doesn't even cover it, just to make an example of someone.

Aren't there 2 BLM's though? There's the loose BLM movement decrying racism and inequality, things which I back. Then there's the ultra left wing Marxist BLM which I don't support.

Have you considered the thought that those booing are booing the latter rather than the former?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Aren't there 2 BLM's though? There's the loose BLM movement decrying racism and inequality, things which I back. Then there's the ultra left wing Marxist BLM which I don't support.

Have you considered the thought that those booing are booing the latter rather than the former?
    Good point, correct I think, and yes I think they are. The Boos are against the misguided support by FA of BLM not blm. I think it always has been

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)