Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
GF = George Floyd, and the phrase means (in her opinion) reference to him has outlived any usefulness in respect of changing hearts and minds.

And I can’t believe you’re serious, given the subject matter, that you don’t accept (or understand) that there isn’t greater value in the perspective of someone who has ‘skin in the game’ (I hope you understand that phrase)
Sorry...being a bit dim...George Floyd...of course. I understand, persona wise, he’s something of a ‘mixed blessing’, but the fight against racism transcends George Floyd, in fact I firmly believe that the recent outbreaks of online racism aimed at various high profile black men and women are far more relevant.

As regards ‘skin in the game’ - which isn’t a phrase I’ve ever heard of - I understand that people who’ve been the victims of prejudice have a greater understanding than those of us who haven’t...but I don’t believe every black person has been the victim of prejudice and I don’t think a person’s colour should define their level of opposition to such prejudice.