+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Ollie Robinson.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Not sure about that rA, I offered my own opinion on Robinson's punishment a few posts ago

If I got the diversity thing wrong, apologies and I withdraw that

Investigation - fine, but this has turned into a show trial
    Tbf, Andy...you offered an opinion and then backtracked saying you were just trying to reflect public opinion.

I’m probably no more certain about the Ashley Banjo/Diversity issue than you, but you brought the matter of public opinion into the debate and the awarding of the BAFTA did seem to represent a change in perceived public opinion.

All I’ve suggested is that there does need to be an ‘investigation’...but I don’t think it represents a ‘show trial’. Lots of sporting organisations are, rightly imo, committed to opposing prejudice and racial discrimination. There’s no point in wearing the T shirt and adopting a stance opposing such wrongdoing if you’re then going to turn a blind eye to actual transgression. My only doubt is not whether the matter should be investigated, but whether, in all the circumstances, someone should be ‘banned’ before that investigation.

P.S. Tricky, we live in a time when gutless no marks are repeatedly and anonymously attacking black sports men and women via the mixed blessing of the internet. You introducing your favourite targets, who just happen to be a) left wing and b) black, is just diversionary nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    P.S. Tricky, we live in a time when gutless no marks are repeatedly and anonymously attacking black sports men and women via the mixed blessing of the internet. You introducing your favourite targets, who just happen to be a) left wing and b) black, is just diversionary nonsense.
    It is not nonsence at all. Both are current MP's and consistantly make snide racist jibes at white people.
    Are you condoning the things they say?
    If so, that makes you complicit to the narrative created.

I'll say it again, if you call someone out for things like this. You call everyone out. Anything else is selective racism.
    But calling out one side, gets more headlines.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)