+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any sign of a new manager?????

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Talking of the shirt, we must have some of the worst sponsors in history,

Apollo 2000

The “No Smoking” sign

Coucher and Shaw

Bodog

Ideal Boilers

Intuit Quick Books

F u c k me........our “commercial department” isn’t fit for purpose.

I would’ve loved a job in charge of that lot, every single one of them would’ve been out of the door.

Coucher and f u c k I n g Shaw ����

Good one Mick! What a bunch of useless t ossers they are! I worked for many years in NPD with a top brand and we would only align our own brand identity with quality ie Center Parcs - John Lewis Group etc.

Maybe Dowling should get us involved with Ann Summers for a commercial tie up as they specialize in knobs like himself!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Talking of the shirt, we must have some of the worst sponsors in history,

Apollo 2000

The “No Smoking” sign

Coucher and Shaw

Bodog

Ideal Boilers

Intuit Quick Books

F u c k me........our “commercial department” isn’t fit for purpose.

I would’ve loved a job in charge of that lot, every single one of them would’ve been out of the door.

Coucher and f u c k I n g Shaw ����
    1981-1982 BSR -
    1982-1983 Swan -
    1986-1990 Apollo 2000 -
    1989-1993 Sandwell -
    1993-1994 Coucher & Saw -
    1994-1997 Guests -
    1997-2004 West Bromwich Building Society -
    2000-2009 T-Mobile
    2008-2009 Lift & Engineering Services -
    2009-2010 Blue Square Bet -
    2009-2010 England 2018 -
    2010-2011 247 999 Homeserve VIEW
    2011-2012 Bodog -
    2011-2012 Snobs -
    2012-2014 Zoopla -
    2014-2015 Quickbooks -
    2015-2016 TLCBet -
    2016-2017 UK-K8.com -
    2017-2018 Palm Eco Town -
    2018-2021 Ideal Boilers

Some really odd sponsers over the years who the frick were Bodog, snobs and palm eco? I never new they were even sponsers. Also Lift & Engineering Services how did that fit on a shirt?

Don't really care what sponsor's name is on the shirt as long as it's unobtrusive. Quite like Ideal Boilers as it's plain white lettering and a sky blue background. Blends in quite well.

There must be a company called “unambitious losers” somewhere 🤔

I wonder how much it costs to be the shirt sponsor? We could all chip in under cover of a fake firm called First Olive Limited or such and have the firm logo FOL emblazoned on the front 👍

I was talking to a baggie in the pub last night and he said of the remaining shareholders, five wanted Wilder but the biggest shareholder wants Appleton.
    Don't know how true that is.
    For me I can't see what Appleton would bring to the club.
    If we are going down the old player's route then surely Derek McInnes is a better option.
    But we have had Don Howe, Bryan Robson and Darren Moore and all have failed.
    We never learn do we?

The problem is that there are so many rumours doing the rounds that we, as fans, really haven't got a clue as to what is going on. From a personal point of view I think that we are having difficulty in appointing a new manager due to financial constraints. If this is the case then we are obviously not going to appoint the best candidate for the position which in turn is extremely worrying. I am not confident regarding our future and sincerely hope that I am wrong and that my concerns are not justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    The problem is that there are so many rumours doing the rounds that we, as fans, really haven't got a clue as to what is going on. From a personal point of view I think that we are having difficulty in appointing a new manager due to financial constraints. If this is the case then we are obviously not going to appoint the best candidate for the position which in turn is extremely worrying. I am not confident regarding our future and sincerely hope that I am wrong and that my concerns are not justified.

You are not wrong Leicester and have hit the nail on the head! Fat Sam would have stayed had the deal been right and this is why he left!

Would any of us here be happy to be manager at West Brom in the current situation? No Ambition or clear direction. After talking to the board we might be even more convinced that we would be better off elsewhere. I can see us appointing someone who will "Give it a go" like they are doing us some big favour.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Would any of us here be happy to be manager at West Brom in the current situation? No Ambition or clear direction. After talking to the board we might be even more convinced that we would be better off elsewhere. I can see us appointing someone who will "Give it a go" like they are doing us some big favour.

Everyone gets past the point of caring Boingy!

They may as well put Baggie Bird as manager as he couldn’t do any worse with two Bob to spend on donkeys!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)