+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's been enjoying the good weather then..

Who's been enjoying the good weather then..

It's been absolutely gorgeous here in Nottingham (but it is Gods country) and I've got a tan from sitting by the Trent with Coco that David Dickinson would be proud of,when the weather is good there really is no better place to be than here in Blighty,Notts are two wins away from returning to league football and I've got a fridge full of beer ready for the euros,how's everyone on here?

Good luck in them games Chalky though Torquay won’t be a pushover. It’s the closed season so it’s deader than corduroy on here. All’s well though, except that our players all seem to be heading for Barrow. I was in Hyde for a few days to see family before the next lockdown. Still, mustn’t grumble.

It was a cracking game against Chesterfield,end to end stuff right up to the final whistle and Notts had to come back from behind twice,It will be a much harder game against Torquay as they will have home advantage with home fans only,get past them and I feel that we have a chance
    What's happened to Frank,did you use your winnings to hire somebody to 'take him out'?
    I bet that the Lake District is a beautiful place to visit this time of year,I wish that I had the views a short drive away

I didn't realise you were one of those pikey types from Nottingham, my feathered friend.

Believe it or not I popped along to your spot with Havant & Waterlooville in the FA Cup, because why not?

Very enjoyable afternoon in the away end, that one.

Bloody hell I remember that game as it was one of the worst games that I've ever seen Notts play,I thought that it would be just a case of turning up and then see who we got in the next round,we deserved what we got and I don't begrudge H+W that win that day.... Not sure about being a pikey though

I think Nottingham's up there with the North East for percentage of pikey chav types against normal population.

You have that weird goose fair event and such, don't you?

The pikeys that you saw was probably some random Forest fans and shouldn't be approached under any circumstances unless you want to be bored with tales of when they won the European Cup 40 years ago

Goose Fair has been running in Nottingham for over 800 years,what's the history of your local fair?

Eight hundred years ago my local fair was a fishing trip by one of the Indian tribes out to the point.

Meanwhile we was eating candy floss and riding the walzers ....probably

In between losing the odd limb or two to leprosy and burning / drowning any suspected witches probably.

Meanwhile the good folk of Cumberland would have been slaughtering each other over sheep.

I'd prefer kicking back on my raft with the local tribe here. Not that my ancestors would have been.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)