+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chris Long

Chris Long

From O/S: Crewe Alexandra are delighted to announce the signing of forward Christopher Long on a two-year deal.

The 26-year-old has become David Artell's first new recruit ahead of the 2021-22 campaign after joining from Scottish Premiership side Motherwell on a free transfer.

Christopher, who hails from Merseyside and is a product of the Everton youth academy, can play centrally or wide in attack and is quick with an eye for goal.

He said: "I'm delighted and over the moon to get it sorted. As soon as I heard of the interest I felt this was the right move for me and I can't wait to get started."

Christopher spent time on loan with MK Dons and Brentford while on the books at Everton, and made a UEFA Europa League appearance for his boyhood club in 2014.

A permanent move to Burnley followed in 2015, before further loan spells at Fleetwood Town, Northampton Town and Bolton Wanderers.

After three years at Turf Moor, the former England youth international signed at Fleetwood Town in summer 2018 and, after a short spell at Blackpool, switched to Motherwell the following year.

There, he scored 17 goals in 49 starts, before leaving Fir Park at the end of his contract.

The move is subject to international clearance.

Everyone at Crewe Alexandra would like to welcome Christopher to the club and wish him the best of luck during his time at Gresty Road.

This appears to be a player who performs in stops and starts. Fit in well?

Seems to have been on the Alex radar for a year!

Never heard of him! But to fair I’d never heard of Mika Mandron a year ago either - or Offrande Zanzala but let’s not go there…..

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Never heard of him! But to fair I’d never heard of Mika Mandron a year ago either - or Offrande Zanzala but let’s not go there…..
    Zanzala is now a Barrow player. Carlisle fans are happy about that.