+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashgar GTF

Ian Cathro is to Craig Levein

as Tam Courts is to Tony Asghar

Im as concerned as everyone else about this decision but Asghar does deserve the respect of the fact he has been part of the setup that has been progressing back to where we should be since he came in. He may have gotten this one wrong and should pay for it with his own job if he has but until we do we should at least acknowledge his right to try to find a setup that matches our vision as a club. Be angry yeah, but wanting someone out before we even see the results of their decision after improving us so far is a bit OTT

At least learn how to spell the guy's name if you're going to take him out. It's ASGHAR not ASHGAR.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Firstly good luck to our new coaching team by feck it looks like they'll need it

I'm normally a cup half full person but this Ashgar is pissing me right off

Last season was about staying in the league and we accepted it wasn't pretty but right from the get go we were fighting the odds.
    I thought this coming season was the one where Ashgar would start to put the club on a great upward trend, instead it really seems he excels in putting the club in a position to be unlucky

With the likelihood of our core best players going, we may well end up starting this season in a weaker position than last season and that is some fecking achievement given what transpired.

I have no faith in this man whatsoever as he seems to give Ogren no reason to open the wallet, and unless he does something to improve the actual starting 11, I have the fear for this season and it's because of Tony.

Being cut adrift after the first quarter is the least of my worries, I didn't want or expect my return to Tannadice to be one with a toxic atmosphere but by feck it's starting to look that way.

As the thread says GTF before we turn into a yo yo club
    Rant over thanks for listening

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Not at all sorry RN left but it fits facts though, as it's in various statements he made when he left, part of what made RN leave was because he couldn't get talking to the owner without going through TA, he can do that at Hearts,

Fact is TA was an agent he's used to sweet talking and also based on his lack of managing football I don't like him as the middle man.

Here's my fear of how conversations will go
    So Tam goes to TA and says we no doing so good we might need players, TA to MO all good our man is fitting in and already looking to the future, MO to TA, happy days let me know if he's struggling or needs help, TA to Tam, the owner says he's struggling to help , you'll need to sell first but we'll see what we can do.
    TA to MO, Tams decided we can lose Shanks, we been offered £100k as it happens, then sells Shanks for triple
    TA to Tam, Shanks is away here's £10k keep puss shut and away and promote the wee Hoti, run along now or Adams in
    Phukk me, are you a relation of Hans Christian Anderson?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    Ian Cathro is to Craig Levein

as Tam Courts is to Tony Asghar
    And if the former pairing had remained at Tannadice I firmly believe we would have gone on to greater things than a single Scottish Cup win.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Im as concerned as everyone else about this decision but Asghar does deserve the respect of the fact he has been part of the setup that has been progressing back to where we should be since he came in. He may have gotten this one wrong and should pay for it with his own job if he has but until we do we should at least acknowledge his right to try to find a setup that matches our vision as a club. Be angry yeah, but wanting someone out before we even see the results of their decision after improving us so far is a bit OTT
    My feelings too. Possible signings will review the fans feelings as part of their due diligence, would you join United at this time with whats been peddled. Relegation battle after a few games etc. Are we helping or hindering. We may be right but we may also be wrong, so moderate between the too until we know otherwise. If we dont like TA, Ogren or the new coach, nothing much left to support. Been a supporter too long to let this POSSIBLE bump in the road change my feelings towards this club of OURS.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Phukk me, are you a relation of Hans Christian Anderson?
    A pissed up version perhaps 😂

Quote Originally Posted by kingbottler View Post
    At least learn how to spell the guy's name if you're going to take him out. It's ASGHAR not ASHGAR.
    I thought that too. My initial reaction; it was deliberate but maybe I'm giving out too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    A pissed up version perhaps 😂
    yeh very funny but for the record no chance of that happening with my family's history with drink

I'm pissed off HTH

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I thought that too. My initial reaction; it was deliberate but maybe I'm giving out too much credit.
    Where did you get kingbottler's post from?, i cannie see the original.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)