+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashgar GTF

Ashgar GTF

Firstly good luck to our new coaching team by feck it looks like they'll need it

I'm normally a cup half full person but this Ashgar is pissing me right off

Last season was about staying in the league and we accepted it wasn't pretty but right from the get go we were fighting the odds.
    I thought this coming season was the one where Ashgar would start to put the club on a great upward trend, instead it really seems he excels in putting the club in a position to be unlucky

With the likelihood of our core best players going, we may well end up starting this season in a weaker position than last season and that is some fecking achievement given what transpired.

I have no faith in this man whatsoever as he seems to give Ogren no reason to open the wallet, and unless he does something to improve the actual starting 11, I have the fear for this season and it's because of Tony.

Being cut adrift after the first quarter is the least of my worries, I didn't want or expect my return to Tannadice to be one with a toxic atmosphere but by feck it's starting to look that way.

As the thread says GTF before we turn into a yo yo club
    Rant over thanks for listening

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Firstly good luck to our new coaching team by feck it looks like they'll need it

I'm normally a cup half full person but this Ashgar is pissing me right off

Last season was about staying in the league and we accepted it wasn't pretty but right from the get go we were fighting the odds.
    I thought this coming season was the one where Ashgar would start to put the club on a great upward trend, instead it really seems he excels in putting the club in a position to be unlucky

With the likelihood of our core best players going, we may well end up starting this season in a weaker position than last season and that is some fecking achievement given what transpired.

I have no faith in this man whatsoever as he seems to give Ogren no reason to open the wallet, and unless he does something to improve the actual starting 11, I have the fear for this season and it's because of Tony.

Being cut adrift after the first quarter is the least of my worries, I didn't want or expect my return to Tannadice to be one with a toxic atmosphere but by feck it's starting to look that way.

As the thread says GTF before we turn into a yo yo club
    Rant over thanks for listening
    No reason to open his wallet? 😳 he’s just announced a £3m loss for last season, and the prospects for next season are not any better as the likelihood of no away fans at all equals no additional income. FFS some people need to get phukkin real.

Wasn't going to reply but....

The time for this thread is if it fails.
    It might fail it might not.
    There's plenty examples of players who had low profile/short careers who went on to have great success.
    I'm not saying he's my choice far from it but we need to get behind it and see what happens surely.

But, if it does fail, Tony needs his P45 Minnesota style.

The thing is, how much of it is Asghar. Asghar so far hasn't exactly held back on spending, and when spending it hasn't exactly been on youth. He signed experienced players and extended the contract of those experienced ones as well. If anything this seems more like hes under pressure from the Ogrens to get money out of the youths and find a manager willing to play them

Sh1te thread.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    The thing is, how much of it is Asghar. Asghar so far hasn't exactly held back on spending, and when spending it hasn't exactly been on youth. He signed experienced players and extended the contract of those experienced ones as well. If anything this seems more like hes under pressure from the Ogrens to get money out of the youths and find a manager willing to play them
    Ogren hasn't the f*cking foggiest imo. The fact he thinks he is going to make money out of Utd says it all and he said this on day number one, so we all knew he was pretty clueless when it comes to running a Premiership club within Scottish Football. He also hasn't been on these shores for 18 months. I find it hard to believe he was the one demanding the appointment of Courts when he probably hasn't even met the boy.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Sh1te thread.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Wasn't going to reply but....

The time for this thread is if it fails.
    It might fail it might not.
    There's plenty examples of players who had low profile/short careers who went on to have great success.
    I'm not saying he's my choice far from it but we need to get behind it and see what happens surely.

But, if it does fail, Tony needs his P45 Minnesota style.
    Great post mate, I think everyone is entitled to a little trepidation over the credentials of our new manager but it just might be a masterstroke appointing him. Too many have him written off already before a ball has been kicked. Let's get behind him, hope it's a masterstroke and if it proves otherwise then by all means have a go at the people who appointed him. Personally I have read a few articles about him and I know it was at a far lower level but I think the guy might just have something about him.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Sh1te thread.
    So you're fully supportive of Ashgar then, that's fine and you're entitled, to me he's in this for himself, not in the best interests of the fans.

Sooner he goes the better

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    So you're fully supportive of Ashgar then, that's fine and you're entitled, to me he's in this for himself, not in the best interests of the fans.

Sooner he goes the better
    There are other stories but they cannie be put up,FACT.

Litigation springs to mind.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)