+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: time to be united

time to be united

the decision has been made, let's get behind our new manager, could be a breath of fresh air

True, would love to see it but cant help thinking thats us totally f ucked now

Would be ecstatic to be proven wrong, (im not usually though)

lets just get the squad sorted now and ready for next season. If this fails then Asghar and/or whoever made this decision has to walk with him and if its a success then they should be rightly praised for it. One things for certain, the football cant be any worse to watch

Not at all happy about any of this whole scenario.

However, have to get behind the lads, so good luck Tam and Liam. Look forward to MUCH better football to watch and some great new signings please.

I said good luck to the guy on other thread . Not saying he'd be my choice but it's been made now and got try support the team to hopefully a decent start and season

FWIW I think the players are going to be better coached than under Neilson and Mellon. In time we'll look like a better football team. I don't know much about TC but Fox was part of the two man team that got Livi organised and successful. Whether that translates into better results we'll have to wait and see.

Tbh just glad the toxic waiting game is over.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    True, would love to see it but cant help thinking thats us totally f ucked now

Would be ecstatic to be proven wrong, (im not usually though)

I don't see how that's necessarily the case, he might be the kind of guy that gets the respect of the players, creates a good atmosphere in the camp and adds a few key additions, we have a few experienced heads that can help too

It's not the kind of route I'd have went down after only one season back in the top flight, it makes me uneasy but at the same time it might end up working well and better than some people think

Some reactions online are just silly with regards the negativity, you'd think the last year would add perspective to some people

Let's back them and see what happens and none of this just waiting to pounce on a bad result, I want to go to Tannadice and get behind the team not be with guys waiting to create a toxic atmosphere

Let's not forget how much covid affected us, in non covid world we'd have got promoted and had big crowds all season home and away on our return to the big league, possibly seeing our biggest average in many years, etc

Instead we navigated ourway through a crap supporterless season having had to change manager and wait to find out for sure we were promoted, the impact financially on us and also preventing us really building on the feel good factor we could have had with fans in as normal...

Let's back the team, only year two back up, nothing to fear in the division overall, nowhere near as strong as people are saying

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Not at all happy about any of this whole scenario.

However, have to get behind the lads, so good luck Tam and Liam. Look forward to MUCH better football to watch and some great new signings please.

Still in the results over performance camp but if we can get a bit of both at times, great

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I don't see how that's necessarily the case, he might be the kind of guy that gets the respect of the players, creates a good atmosphere in the camp and adds a few key additions, we have a few experienced heads that can help too

It's not the kind of route I'd have went down after only one season back in the top flight, it makes me uneasy but at the same time it might end up working well and better than some people think

Some reactions online are just silly with regards the negativity, you'd think the last year would add perspective to some people

Let's back them and see what happens and none of this just waiting to pounce on a bad result, I want to go to Tannadice and get behind the team not be with guys waiting to create a toxic atmosphere

Let's not forget how much covid affected us, in non covid world we'd have got promoted and had big crowds all season home and away on our return to the big league, possibly seeing our biggest average in many years, etc

Instead we navigated ourway through a crap supporterless season having had to change manager and wait to find out for sure we were promoted, the impact financially on us and also preventing us really building on the feel good factor we could have had with fans in as normal...

Let's back the team, only year two back up, nothing to fear in the division overall, nowhere near as strong as people are saying
    Great Post 👍👍

Possibly an unnecessary gamble at this stage but needs our backing, key to everything really is going to be getting some key signings on board and keeping our better players. Sounded pretty articulate in his interview, for a footie manager/head coach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)